Turkish residency
We have owned our house for 8 years , and hoping to get residency in Kussdasi, are the new rules only for new home buyers, God I hope so.

Turkish residency
We have owned our house for 8 years , and hoping to get residency in Kussdasi, are the new rules only for new home buyers, God I hope so.
So far the rules only apply to first applications for residence permits, for touristic purposes. As home owners you should be OK to renew your RP, for now at least.

enoch

Turkish residency
I have a question how does someone sell their house in an area which they have had for years but not allowed a Rp in which you need to make a sale.

Turkish residency
You don't need a RP to sell your house. You need a Yabanci Kimlik Number. If you've ever had a RP you will have a YKN. You can use this, even if your RP is expired. If you've never had a YKN you need to apply for one for the purpose of selling your property. If this applies to you I suggest you join the FB group Doc Martin's Surgery for Expats in Turkiye for more information.

Turkish residency
I have a question how does someone sell their house in an area which they have had for years but not allowed a Rp in which you need to make a sale.
I guess the property price will fall, as there will only be Turks wanting to buy or people with residency already living in the same area, who will be able to renew.

enoch

Turkish residency
You don't need a RP to sell your house. You need a Yabanci Kimlik Number. If you've ever had a RP you will have a YKN. You can use this, even if your RP is expired. If you've never had a YKN you need to apply for one for the purpose of selling your property. If this applies to you I suggest you join the FB group Doc Martin's Surgery for Expats in Turkiye for more information.
My mistake I thought you needed a Rp. It must only be for certain things.

enoch

Turkish residency
I guess the property price will fall, as there will only be Turks wanting to buy or people with residency already living in the same area, who will be able to renew.
The turkish are paying over 2 million now. The prices are out on the street a turk won't let them drop and lose money. I think the rental market could get stung on this if they all come from closed areas in Alanya to ours. They could refuse Rp for renting. But who knows.

Turkish residency
So far the rules only apply to first applications for residence permits, for touristic purposes. As home owners you should be OK to renew your RP, for now at least.
Hi We don't have residency permits, but have owned our house 8 years ,we are moving to Kusadsi soon, anybody know if we will be OK to get them. Thanks in advance

enoch

Turkish residency
Hi We don't have residency permits, but have owned our house 8 years ,we are moving to Kusadsi soon, anybody know if we will be OK to get them. Thanks in advance
Is kusadsi on the list I don't think it is. I think Tenpin has said on another post about kusadsi saying about no problem there yet.

Last edited:

MJL

Turkish residency
I’ve heard a lot of areas limiting the amount of applications now, not sure if this is just for firstimers or if you move area?

esb1841

Turkish residency
I’ve heard a lot of areas limiting the amount of applications now, not sure if this is just for firstimers or if you move area?
Better to stick to the list posting rumours without substence will just panic TLF members
as far as I know there is no rules published for firsttimers the rules are based on 20% total number of foreigners in an area

Turkish residency
I think a renewal means you have been accounted for in there records so I don't think there will be a problem. But moving into a closed area could. At the moment everyone has to play by ear,and work off the lists provided.
Hi, It's the rules about the value of your property that worries me ,our appartment in kussdasi is not worth the amount they say, I think it says it has to be worth around 70,000 usd, my wife and I will be so upset if it is true. Just have to Hope and pray things change again, or does not effect us ,fingers crossed.

Turkish residency
I think a renewal means you have been accounted for in there records so I don't think there will be a problem. But moving into a closed area could. At the moment everyone has to play by ear,and work off the lists provided.
Hello Enoch, I was wondering if you can help me with this rp query, if we cannot get 2 year rp as property owners as it is not worth the new rules value, could my wife and I apply for 6 moth touristic rps, and hopefully renew every 6 months, and at least we can live in our appartment ,and hope the rules change for the better , regards Scott.

Turkish residency
Don't panic Scotty, i am sure that you will find a way. I find that there is always a way to solve problems here, sometimes it does depend on the goodwill of the officer, but often also depends on the attitude of the applicant. Arrogant gits beware
Thanks for your reply, well I can tell you we are far from arrogant, I never take anything for granted,and I always think the worst will happen, I will have to try and relax bit more lol, thank you.

enoch

Turkish residency
Hello Enoch, I was wondering if you can help me with this rp query, if we cannot get 2 year rp as property owners as it is not worth the new rules value, could my wife and I apply for 6 moth touristic rps, and hopefully renew every 6 months, and at least we can live in our appartment ,and hope the rules change for the better , regards Scott.
Sorry I can't comment on a six month tourists RP never had to we used to get five years that was great, but at one point some people paid 5000tl I was lucky when we had to replace it was always after the reduced rate. I think we paid about 500 tl on the last one but the exchange was about 3.5 tl. But best of luck speak to someone who deals with the RP. See what they have to say best of luck.

Turkish residency
Sorry I can't comment on a six month tourists RP never had to we used to get five years that was great, but at one point some people paid 5000tl I was lucky when we had to replace it was always after the reduced rate. I think we paid about 500 tl on the last one but the exchange was about 3.5 tl. But best of luck speak to someone who deals with the RP. See what they have to say best of luck.
Thank you Enoch, I will look into it a bit more.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom