MJL

Turkish residency
Ok, I do apologise, just had conversations today with different people who are applying for the first time for residency, apparently there are major changes!!!! One that did surprise me is that a chap said he could only get 6 months residency on his first application as he’s renting! I’d really appreciate anyone who knows this or if he’s just being told a load of “porkie pies”

MJL

Turkish residency
Another couple were told ludicrous things they needed, was absolutely laughable but I did try to help, but have things changed so much? They were employing a solicitor

enoch

Turkish residency
It will be different rules for different countries and the area you are in, some are only allowed 6 months at first, some 12 months. We in alanya didn't need anything apostolated but a lot do.

Saoirse

Turkish residency
Recent rule change now states 6 months max for renters

Only exception is if you are renewing- otherwise without a property 6 months max for new applications

Other changes include property owner has various liabilities to comply with and show proof of ownership of the rental property

MJL

Turkish residency
Iposted the update from doc Martin yesterday. One thing to note, RPs now request a declaration that this is your prime residence.
Check Doc Martin entry 8th May,
I really can’t understand why they are making things so difficult, it’s not as if we are trying to dodge the system. I’m paying a lot of tax each month, abiding by all the rules. This year has definitely become a nightmare for residency

enoch

Turkish residency
Renewals are also complicated this year, I had to do 5 interviews and everything was wrong!! Faced deportation! Get a good agent!!!
Can you lighten us what the problems where.
My wife got hers 26 December last year and the interview was as much as handling in the forms but not for the block countries.

MJL

Turkish residency
Can you lighten us what the problems where.
My wife got mine 26 December last year and the interview was as much as handling in the forms but not for the block countries.
Owner was English, now when your renting the owner has to give power of attorney or be present themselves to go to the notary, all addresses have changed, no numbers anymore and have to go to the main office and have a satellite image of the house then registered. I had a previous renters name on my house, they went mental about that, wanted it removed or they refused my residency, was a complete nightmare.

all changed this year, was simple in December, now totally different

even house owners are having trouble

enoch

Turkish residency
Owner was English, now when your renting the owner has to give power of attorney or be present themselves to go to the notary, all addresses have changed, no numbers anymore and have to go to the main office and have a satellite image of the house then registered. I had a previous renters name on my house, they went mental about that, wanted it removed or they refused my residency, was a complete nightmare.

all changed this year, was simple in December, now totally different

even house owners are having trouble
This a lot to do with all the Russian and Ukrainians coming over pushing prices up. I will go and see my agent to see if Alanya has a lot of problems next couple of days.

MJL

Turkish residency
This a lot to do with all the Russian and Ukrainians coming over pushing prices up. I will go and see my agent to see if Alanya has a lot of problems next couple of days.
Best to be prepared, I was amazed that only 6 months was granted to new residency applications, I thought they were joking! But the harder rules only came in recently, took me 3 months for my application to get sorted out before the new rules

Kanga

Turkish residency
I really can’t understand why they are making things so difficult, it’s not as if we are trying to dodge the system. I’m paying a lot of tax each month, abiding by all the rules. This year has definitely become a nightmare for residency
They want to stop migrants like Syrians etc getting RPs and a job here on the back of living in a chalet hut or converted container. It's already causing big problems in the cities like Istanbul and Ankara. Inevitably it affects everyone. Do you remember the 120 day rule they brought in some years ago, another bureaucratic nirvana that was! It was then quietly dropped after they saw so many people leave and take their foreign income with them.

MJL

Turkish residency
I’m going to see my friend tomorrow and pass on the information you lovely lot have told me. It’s not a cheap process anymore and being 6 months for new applications is a right slap in the face

Kanga

Turkish residency
Good luck with that. We've just paid a total of 2007tl for both applications. 160tl each for the card and balance for the administration to get a 6month RP. Our interview date is June 1st in Marmaris. At least they are now dated from application not date of entry to Turkey.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom