Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Turkish pharmacies to close on Friday 4th December
Thanks for that KKOB. Ian needs some pills, but was getting them tomorrow, he's now going out today instead!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Actually the pharmacies will be closed until a solution is resolved, not just the one day on Friday. Pharmacists are not against the government attempting to lower the costs of drugs, the pronblem lies in bottom line for the pharmacists. They have negotiated to the point where it was said on TV yesterday that they are at %20 now. That's gross, not net. Many pharmacies have already closed because of such a low profit level and now the government wants the pharmacies to take another 13% hit.....plus they have increased the costs to the public to visit a private hospital to 15 lira per doctor visit......when they were elected they promised that the public can see any doctor they choose and it would be covered under the medical insurance. They have actually changed this cost several times over the last year, up and down like a bunch of clueless kids. They also have the pharmacies collect this 15 lira per doctor visit instead of the doctors offices managing this administration burden. The pharmacies were made to do this yet they get no renumeration for it, the pharmacies are forced free labour for the government. It slows down the pharmacists also and makes for longer waiting lines, sometimes losing customers because of this forced government labour issue. Another issue with it is that customers are charging these doctors fees on their credit cards, pharmacies lose atleast 5% per transaction on an absolute free service to the customer. Now here is the math. 20% profit margin, minus 13% in sales because of governments intended plan. Now we are at 7%, take away 5% for credit card charges and you can see that this government has done little thinking with regards to the health programs in Turkey but are trying to bury them.

Bob

Will there still be Nobetci Eczane open? (I think it's impressive that there is always a chemist open, somewhere, night or day.)
Is it part of the Government's long-term cetralisation strategy? By squeezing eczaneler out of business do they aim to become the sole pharmaceutical retailer?

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Will there still be Nobetci Eczane open? (I think it's impressive that there is always a chemist open, somewhere, night or day.)
Is it part of the Government's long-term cetralisation strategy? By squeezing eczaneler out of business do they aim to become the sole pharmaceutical retailer?

Yes the sentry pharmacies will still be open. The government has been trying to dispose of the pharmacists association aswell as privately owned pharmacies. They don't want their own government run pharmacy organization but they want to allow their "Friends of the government" to form a large pharmacy chain, making it the only pharmacy available in Turkey. They will have no regulation. We deal with illegal copied drugs all the time and there will be no way to control it if this were to happen. The government will be able to give a very healthy profit margin with the ability to be able to in return scratch the back of the politicians with huge back handers. It's just a way for the government to be able to form a monster size corrupt money pit with little or no regard for the people it is supposed to serve. This is why the pharmacy association has felt it is being forced to react at the level it is. The things that this government has done towards pharmacists and private doctors is incredible, in a western country it would never have happened. I for one am extremely happy with the way the pharmacist association is handling this.

Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom