henryozalp

Turkish Lessons
Hello, I am looking for a Turkish language teacher to give private one to one lessons to my son. Does anyone on the forum know of anyone in the Didim area?

OLIVER

Turkish Lessons
Hi

As you know my daughter and I are coming over on Tuesday & I need to sort this for her too. She is a complete beginner & 11 so not sure if we can share? Anyway my in-laws are both teachers so I have asked them to see if any of their colleagues would be interested. I'll get in touch when I arrive and let you know.

Back to packing!!!

Sarah (AKA OLIVER)

gazzer

Turkish Lessons
Hi
The Didim Lanuage centre above Tekno sa is excellent and offers varied classes, one on one or two or more...excellent teachers, start with the beginers course then progress onwards.

Cheers

Gary

OLIVER

Turkish Lessons
Hi Gixer,

Thanks for the recommendation re Ayse, just searched on Voices but couldn't find her! Have you a link or anything?

Thanks

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Turkish Lessons
Hi
I can second/echo the earlier about Didim Language School. I only did one week/5 x 2hr lessons but it was really good. We had a female teacher called Gulcin Atak (? not sure on the spelling as doing this from memory). I did a long post on my experiences in the Altinkum forum around the end of Septemer 09 (if you're interested and want to hunt it out).
Also look for posts by Howells (Tanya I think) - she has a daughter of around 12yrs who has been in school for approx a year and takes extra lessons so she may be able to advise you.
All the best to you & your son
Carol

leylaasena

Turkish Lessons
I've just answered your PM, Wendy, before I saw this thread.
Sorry again ı can't help you at the moment.

Tess

Turkish Lessons
Hi
I can second/echo the earlier about Didim Language School. I only did one week/5 x 2hr lessons but it was really good. We had a female teacher called Gulcin Atak (? not sure on the spelling as doing this from memory). I did a long post on my experiences in the Altinkum forum around the end of Septemer 09 (if you're interested and want to hunt it out).
Also look for posts by Howells (Tanya I think) - she has a daughter of around 12yrs who has been in school for approx a year and takes extra lessons so she may be able to advise you.
All the best to you & your son
Carol

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/altinkum-forum/28834-didim-language-school.html
Link Carol is referring to above.

There you go Carol, my good deed before calling it a day, getting weary LOL!!! :amen:

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Turkish Lessons
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/altinkum-forum/28834-didim-language-school.html
Link Carol is referring to above.

There you go Carol, my good deed before calling it a day, getting weary LOL!!! :amen:

Ta v.much Sharon. You're like my bloomin' shadow...2 secs behind, doing my links. I followed Arrain's post the other day on how to do a link & I have promised myself I will crack it. However, I went ahead and bought a Nintendo DS Lite so trying to suss that at the mo - one thing at a time for my poor brain. Carol x

Tess

Turkish Lessons
You'll crack it Carol, one bite at a time, have faith!! Love from your shadow, xxxx
Enjoy your Nintendo.

Howell's

Turkish Lessons
Hi guys

Olivia's teacher was really busy at the end of last year as she is a translator/solicitor and said she could not take on any more students at that time. Olivia has finished her lessons now as she knows all the different aspects of grammer. All she has to do now is learn different words eg kettle, curtains, plant pot etc etc (hope you get my drift LOL) which she said Olivia could learn herself, rather than us paying for her to teach it.
I was really pleased with the things she taught Olivia but find it hard to get her to talk as much as id like, (not helped by the guy in the kebab shop telling her once her turkish was crap and she burst out crying with embarassment ).
She can certainly get by with what she has learnt with her friends and our neighbours. But shes not bi lingual.. That will take time.
Im off to see her husband tomorrow as he owns a insurance company and we have to renew the car insurance so i will ask her then if she is able to teach your children.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Turkish Lessons
...I was really pleased with the things she taught Olivia but find it hard to get her to talk as much as id like, (not helped by the guy in the kebab shop telling her once her turkish was crap and she burst out crying with embarassment )...

Oh what a pig! I hope you told him where to stuff his doner...
Fancy saying that to a child. I can't imagine anyone on here turning round to a turkish child and saying "don't bother, your english is lousy". Anyway glad it is working out for Olivia - must have been a big upheaval/adventure/ experience for her. She always comes to my mind when I see people posting about getting their kids into school etc. There seems to be more and more (or maybe I am just spending too much time on TLF) taking the plunge.
Carol x

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Turkish Lessons
Hi again, just had a thought - keep an eye out for posts by OLIVER (Sarah I think). She is moving out to Didim (supposed to be yesterday but snowed in) with her daughter Shelly & dog. She has been asking questions re. schooling & language lessons as well so she will have up to date info.
Carol

Howell's

Turkish Lessons
Hi again, just had a thought - keep an eye out for posts by OLIVER (Sarah I think). She is moving out to Didim (supposed to be yesterday but snowed in) with her daughter Shelly & dog. She has been asking questions re. schooling & language lessons as well so she will have up to date info.
Carol

Have been speaking to OLIVER via pm and my daughter added her daughter on msm so they can get to know each other before she starts school, that way she wont feel so alone on her 1st day.

Is josh back at school now henryozalp ? are you back in Didim :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom