sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Morning all,
A friend of mine will be starting Turkish lessons in Bodrum, in a restaurant on Bodrum Marina making it easy to get to. He will give 2 x 2 hour classes a week, small numbers in a class, maybe 5 or so people, and the charge will be 60TL a week, thats 15TL an hour. He used to teach at Marmara College, so is a qualified teacher. He is flexible with times etc to suit. If you are interested PM me, and I will pass on your detals for him to contact you.
Sandra

EH88

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hello!

I am very ınterested ın taking part ın these lessons...could you please contact me wıth hıs detaıls or forward mıne on to hım please.

my emaıl ıs ema_licks@hotmail.com

much appreciated!

Regards

Emma

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hi Sandra

I would have been very interested İn joining.... but I'm afraid 60TL a week is a bit steep for me.... not saying he isn't worth though.....

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Just a note, this is from September last year, and he didnt have enough interest to start the classes.

SAMIMI

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hi Sandpearse,
I also feel his fees were too high for us who live here. When I was a tourist on a 2 week holiday and going back home to a well paid job this price would have been no problem.
So many of us are on a limited budget and 60tl per week would go a long way towards the weekly food bill.
Debbie, if you get the dolmus to Gumusluk 5tl each way, or maybe if you knew someone going by car. There are FREE classes each Tuesday. 2.30 to 3.30 although they are often on till after 4.15!
You can join in any week, lots of people on holiday join in. If you come along at 2.00pm, I'm usually there and can give you some of the easy basic stuff to get you started. Bring a pen and note book. It's a really great way to spend an afternoon and Gulay, the lady who teaches us is so very helpful.

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hi SAMIMI

That would be great.... I have a scooter... although I don't know if I would ride all the way out there.... but still I can get the Dolmuş.....

the times are great so I'm back for when Hubby finishes work...

Can you give some details where to go..... please note I've never been to Gumusluk so have no idea where I would be going....how long does the journey take from Bodrum to Gumusluk...... just so I know what time to set off.....

Thanks

lynne

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
There is also a FREE informal conversation class at The Art Bar at the side of the harbour in Yalikavak every Wednesday between 2pm and 4 pm.
Havent managed to attend yet but might get there this week.

ChrisBobs

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hi SAMIMI

That would be great.... I have a scooter... although I don't know if I would ride all the way out there.... but still I can get the Dolmuş.....

the times are great so I'm back for when Hubby finishes work...

Can you give some details where to go..... please note I've never been to Gumusluk so have no idea where I would be going....how long does the journey take from Bodrum to Gumusluk...... just so I know what time to set off.....

Thanks

Hi Deb
there is a direct minibus from Bodrum bus station to Gümüşlük, usually allow 40-45 minutes for the trip, but give yourself an hour with the roadworks!
Ask for the mosque - Buyuk or Yeni Cami, so you don't go to the beachside dolmus stop. Get off at the mosque and the park and Karadut Cafe are right behind it. Think the fare is 3.5? 4 tl one way.

let me say too- I dont think that the prices mentioned were high at all for language lessons... yes I know there are those who find it high. As I did- I just regret not paying for the lessons when I had a chance ( and was young enough to learn!)- it is the real investment you have to make for living in Turkey

:flock:

Turkish lessons-Bodrum
Hi Chris....... :thanks: for the info and directions...

I agree to live here it's a great advantage to learn the language... and its far easier to learn when the brain is still young and like a sponge (mines mostly dried up now) but 240TL a month ... its such a big chunk out of our monthly income... sadly I have to priorities as each day comes....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom