ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Turkish Human Rights
This is a report on the US Dept of State website listing Human Rights practises in Turkey.

Have to say it's not terribly encouraging particularly in regard to religion and women......

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Turkish Human Rights
This'll be the Good 'Ol US of A telling the world to do what they say, not what they do ? :wink:

I mean, those videos of US cops beating the s**t out of people were totally fabricated weren't they? :lol:

Last edited:

mike dj

Turkish Human Rights
At least the assaults are on video so the police can be prosecuted and they are (most times) .Mike

kaplumba

Turkish Human Rights
Child labour mentioned in this document, is the issue that worries me. It is very sad that so many children, particularly girls don't have the chance to go to school. I never know quite what to do when confronted by sweet little children selling things or offering to weigh you. I always wonder if they are made to do this sometimes alone and late at night or are they just mischievous little kids looking for some extra pocket money. The little gang of adorable small girls who asked me to buy things in the castle area of Ankara seemed impoverished. Do I encourage parents who send their children out to work in the streets and see it as a way of generating income for some very poor families? Do I refuse because I object to child labour and maybe those kids won't eat that night? Either way, it troubles me.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Turkish Human Rights
Yes you're right about the US - extremely hypocritical they are - maybe Obama will clean it up, but let's stay on topic eh? :dance:

C

Turkish Human Rights
This'll be the Good 'Ol US of A telling the world to do what they say, not what they do ? :wink:

I mean, those videos of US cops beating the s**t out of people were totally fabricated weren't they? :lol:

It is The United Nations who tell the world what to do [and what not to do]. Here the USA is pointing out where Turkey is not obeying what the UN has decreed.
For a better and independent assessment go to ...

The "World Audit" site.

It's a very comprehensive site but a little difficult to navigate. The USA seems to come in No 11 or 15th in terms of human rights whilst Turkey is down around 60th.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom