Turkish Elections
Hello, My wife and I are moving to Kusadasi next year and wondered if the elections will effect us coming here, permits etc.thankyou.

traveller

Turkish Elections
Re: Elections

I wouldn't worry too much Scotty, they change the rules and regs for residency at the drop of hat anyway, even for those who already hold an RP, you just learn to adapt and go on a document collection hunt every year. Bit tongue in cheek, but rules do change and expats always cope.

dee24

Turkish Elections
What will the election mean to tourism, property, money in Turkish banks. We have just arrived back and were there when the election took place. The feelings are mixed when you speak to the locals and there is a lot of "scaremongering" amongst ex-pats

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Turkish Elections
Just a reminder, the local municipality elections are due to be held on March 31st. Shops are not allowed to sell alcohol on that day, take precautions if you are a tippler..

enoch

Turkish Elections
Things must be bad they have some houses with 160 people living in them according to the voting lists, one villages occupancy doubled.

Kanga

Turkish Elections
We went out for dinner after the last elections expecting to be able to order a drink after the polls closed but were told no alcohol could be served until midnight.

Camden

Turkish Elections
It also helps and improves your chances when you arrest your opposition .... as happening with the HDP in the S/E.:hmm:

Turkish Elections
Don't worry. Policy changes very slowly everywhere. Elections are just a game of musical chairs, and none of the players have any special agenda as regards foreigners. We're not on the cusp of any major social upheaval. Sure, there are many dissatisfied people, but no revolution.

As noted, even non-voters cannot buy a tipple around those days. And I tend to drink from a flask in private because of the other 159 people in my house.

enoch

Turkish Elections
Turkey arrests over 60 Kurdish politicians on the eve of the elections . and over 40 opposition lawmakers .

Last edited:

Camden

Turkish Elections
Did you expect any less Enoch ??? and don't expect to much when the complaints are taken to the Supreme Electoral Council Yüksek Seçim Kurulu, (YSK) for arbitration.

The Y.S.K. board consists of 11 voting members selected from the judiciary, and four observers representing each of Turkey’s four largest political parties

But after the Presidents referendum near shock vote in some districts some of the YSK Council along with several thousand jurists accused of links to the group Feto .... Three members of the Y.S.K. board were fired during this crackdown. Five other members left their posts earlier not extending their posts (possibly out of fear of arrest ) and the new appointees took up their posts under controversial circumstance selected by the new Presidential appointed Partisan Judiciary...............

Latest Posts

Top Bottom