Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Turkish economy going through historical change: Erdoğan

Extract:
The Turkish economy is going through a historical change and will surely be among the top 10 economies, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said, urging private businesses to reduce the prices of goods in line with the drastic decrease of the foreign currencies over the recent days.

“We have launched a historical change on our economic policy. In fact, this change has not just begun, it has been in a process for a long time. First of all, we have abandoned the classical economic approach that aims to control inflation through interest rates,” Erdoğan told at a meeting with economists and academics in Istanbul on Dec. 24.

enoch

Erdogan has been speech making today on the TV. Saying its all lies people saying people are hungry, it's the oppositions way of trying again to get rid of him like they tried on June the 15 with tanks if I was 15 minutes earlier I would not be here now.
I can give no comment to that.

B&B

Tis a bit like Biden saying high gas prices are only a transition issue. I don't think so.

Camden

Its a pity the once Independent voice of the Turkish Daily News..... part of the Hürriyet Group is now lost and stifled to become another Government Mouthpiece... under the the ownership of the AKP-ally Demirören family ( link background below )

I would suggest ex pats and other Turkish interested parties who prefer more critical reading in English and also in Turkish there is the Duvar Gazete manned by Journalists , intellectuals and authors sacked or dismissed for opposing views.

Nearly six out of every 10 Turkish citizens do not believe that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan can solve the country's economic problems, according to a new survey conducted by MetroPOLL Research.

Last edited:

Rua

They are also the group that run the lottery in Turkey.

Rua

Its a pity the once Independent voice of the Turkish Daily News..... part of the Hürriyet Group is now lost and stifled to become another Government Mouthpiece... under the the ownership of the AKP-ally Demirören family ( link background below )

I would suggest ex pats and other Turkish interested parties who prefer more critical reading in English and also in Turkish there is the Duvar Gazete manned by Journalists , intellectuals and authors sacked or dismissed for opposing views.

Nearly six out of every 10 Turkish citizens do not believe that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan can solve the country's economic problems, according to a new survey conducted by MetroPOLL Research.

Totally missing the point here but £320k for a property in Chelsea is a bargain.Maybe Prince Andrew helped them too.

Camden

Totally missing the point here but £320k for a property in Chelsea is a bargain.Maybe Prince Andrew helped them too.

That particular link Rua, was only to show the closeness of the Demirören family, owners of the Turkish Daily News.... to the AKP, and the families shady offshore dealings and self enrichment.

You are right Demirören family are partners with an Italian firm, in the running the Turkish Milli Pyiango lottery, which in itself seems hypocritical the ownership being held by a AKP Islamist family...

As normally supporters of this Party are meant to follow the leader and the parties Islamist Ideology, in not making money by "Interest" or "chance" ( hence the Turmoil in the Economy, with a President wanting 0% interest policy as his target, due to religious ideology )

But this AKP family see's no qualms making money from "Chance" in Gambling, which is seen as equally "Haram" as "Interest" in the same religious Ideology ..

Also since the Demirören family have taken over the running of the National Lottery, it has been riven with Scandals, including how they acquired the licence to run it , in a contract tender in the first place ... When they promised considerably less revenue to the Govt Budget from any profits they made, than both the opposing tenders and the previous incumbent.

Then there was in taking over, the cutting in the percentage chance an ordinary punter would win. Normally they had to guess 6 from 49 , Demirören raised it to near 90 ... leaving many un-won prizes to for many weeks but the prize money only increased minimally .. then there was the claims of further fraud in the pick of winners , with for eg the unprecedented case in a draw when four out of six numbers went on to be repeated again over five draws , which was one in five trillion chance of happening.leading to them being cited in Fraud....

ctd

Last edited:

Rua

Camden I knew about their links to the Akp and appearing in the Pandora papers but I'm still amazed that property in Chelsea was bought for £320 K :)))
I know gambling is supposed to be haram for Muslims but I imagine drugs are too and Sedat Peker was shut down very quickly last year when persons very close to the Akp were said to be trafficking cocaine.
In Ireland we had a prime minister who started as mayor of Dublin and then was prime minister for a good ten years.He was very close to builders(some with very dubious links) and built the Irish economy on cheap credit just like Turkey has.I see such similarities between the two men except Bertie Ahern probably wishes he was as rich as Artee.Anyway we haven't seen much of Bertie since 2009 so 🤞

Camden

Camden I knew about their links to the Akp and appearing in the Pandora papers but I'm still amazed that property in Chelsea was bought for £320 K :)))

I know gambling is supposed to be haram for Muslims but I imagine drugs are too and Sedat Peker was shut down very quickly last year when persons very close to the Akp were said to be trafficking cocaine.
In Ireland we had a prime minister who started as mayor of Dublin and then was prime minister for a good ten years.He was very close to builders(some with very dubious links) and built the Irish economy on cheap credit just like Turkey has.I see such similarities between the two men except Bertie Ahern probably wishes he was as rich as Artee.Anyway we haven't seen much of Bertie since 2009 so 🤞

Most likely a studio for his driver or a garage for his car for that price in Chelsea 🤣🤣

I better not speak or comment on Irish politics as a monopoly subject of our Mod ... not allowed ..

Bu if he is as bad as you say the same ilk of RTE ..l bet you hope he doesn't stand for President in the 2025 elections as an Independent, as he said last year he wouldn't rule out ..

Reactions: Rua

enoch

Cumhuriyet daily news today have said today will sadat have a coup.?

Last edited:

Rua

Most likely a studio for his driver or a garage for his car for that price in Chelsea 🤣🤣

I better not speak or comment on Irish politics as a monopoly subject of our Mod ... not allowed ..

Bu if he is as bad as you say the same ilk of RTE ..l bet you hope he doesn't stand for President in the 2025 elections as an Independent, as he said last year he wouldn't rule out ..
The Irish presidency is just ceremonial although they can use their veto.If he runs he will most likely lose.He's kind of like Artee but Artee is 100 times canine.Bertie Ahern is reduced to giving lectures in Nigeria these days.
Interesting days ahead.

Rua

Cumhuriyet daily news today have said today will sadat have a coup.?
How would he have a coup? Unless he has something huge but most of what he said last year would have brought down many a government.

Camden

The Irish presidency is just ceremonial although they can use their veto.If he runs he will most likely lose.He's kind of like Artee but Artee is 100 times canine.Bertie Ahern is reduced to giving lectures in Nigeria these days.
Interesting days ahead.

Lets hope his political doppelganger ends up with the same future ... lecturing in Africa ...or in jail would be ok by me ... as long as they freeze his assets.... and are given back to the people...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom