JML

Turkish Driving Licence
Can anyone tell me how you get a Turkish Driving Licence and what the cost is please,

Harem

I've cliqued
Turkish Driving Licence
Paul got his Turkish Driving Licence today. The process has been as follows:-

Notarised translation of UK Driving Licence 50 TL
5 Passport sized photographs 3 TL
Criminal Record plus form 5.25 TL
Medical report and blood test 0 TL
Turkish Driving Licence card 150 TL
Application File (Dosya) 1.5 TL
Payment at Tax Office 250 TL

Making a grand total of 459.75 TL

It was all a quite painless operation. We had the driving licence translated and notarised at the same time as our other documents for the citizenship application. Getting the criminal record was very easy. We went into the Palace of Justice and followed the signs (which came to an abrupt end at the tea room). However, it is at the tea room that you get the application form at a cost of 25 kurus!!! He then points you to the first door in the corridor. There you hand over the form and pay 5 lira and in a few moments your criminal record is completed. You are handed a receipt for your money. The Chamber of Drivers is on the main one way street into town. It is in the block before the school, upstairs. Again, very quick and painless, just ask for Surucu Belgesi Dosyasi (sorry, no Turkish keyboard at the moment) and pay the 1.5 lira. The medical also was very simple and quick. The clinic is situated on the left hand side as you go towards the market alongside the canal from the sea front. (Hope that is clear). Get a form from the rack just inside the front door (if you don' know what to look for, just do as we did and go straight to the desk where the young girls will be only too happy to help). Upstairs to see the doctor who will give an eye test and also a blood test. We weren't charged anything. Take all the documents to the Trafik Polis at Patlangic who will sort them out and send you to the main police station in town, opposite the post office, for the fingerprinting. To the tax office to pay and back to the trafik polis to sign your new driving licence card. Unfortunately, because the computers were down today it could not be processed immediately.

Apart from the high cost it is relatively painless. We were speaking to a Turkish friend today who said that the whole process for them to get a licence, including taking lessons and passing a test is 350 TL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't too garbled and that it helps.

JML

Turkish Driving Licence
In Bodrum you have to pay for blood test and health report can cost as much as 125tl!

de1amo

Turkish Driving Licence
i am always getting stopped for no helmet on my motorbike as i stray onto the main carriageways--has been happening for 3 years! i give them my uk driving licence and vehicule papers and i get waved on!never been fined yet!-i have turkish friends who drive around with out of date Amercan licences they have picked up on their travels--they hold them for when they get banned and their turkish licences taken away!-

JML

Turkish Driving Licence
i am always getting stopped for no helmet on my motorbike as i stray onto the main carriageways--has been happening for 3 years! i give them my uk driving licence and vehicule papers and i get waved on!never been fined yet!-i have turkish friends who drive around with out of date Amercan licences they have picked up on their travels--they hold them for when they get banned and their turkish licences taken away!-

I am not worried about the police but I am worried that my insurers won't pay out if I don't have a Turkish licence and think that could cost me a lot of money so doing mine asap.

Last edited:

perfect1949

i just love my clique
Turkish Driving Licence
well said its peace of mind at the end of the day ,a one off payment and it last.s for life

Last edited by a moderator:

waterbaby

Turkish Driving Licence
Your UK License is valid in turkey for 12 months. So everytime you leave the country and re-enter you license is valid for 12 more months from date of re -entry.

patrish

Turkish Driving Licence
My insurer paid out when i had an accident and i also got a refund on the polis tax after asking for it

hijo

in my own clique
Turkish Driving Licence
Your UK License is valid in turkey for 12 months. So everytime you leave the country and re-enter you license is valid for 12 more months from date of re -entry.

..always thought it was 6 months... did,nt know about the re-entry thing ..but i would,nt think that would apply if you already owned a car here:31:

JML

Turkish Driving Licence
Two weeks ago I asked the question re would insurers pay up if I didn't have a Turkish Licence, my insurance is via Garanti Bank. The person I asked made a phone call and was told that they would ring her back in two hours with an answer she said she would call me at home with the result. No one rang me . Today I called at the bank to renew my house DASK insurance and the question of the car insurance came up, had anyone called me? No. Ah well we now have the answer and no they will not pay out if you don't have a Turkish licence. So for four years I have been driving around thinking I had fully comp insurance when infact they would not have paid up. As insurers everywhere will find away not to pay if they can I am not supprised and aim to get my licence in the very near future it is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Possibly some insurers will pay I don't know, as usual this seems to be another grey area.

LyndaW

Turkish Driving Licence
İ had my blood test done at the polıklınık(spelt wrong) ın Yalıkavak. cost 20tl and they give you a card with your blood group. A had a health check done at the driving school which cost 35 tl

Lynda

puwer98

Turkish Driving Licence
Paul got his Turkish Driving Licence today.
Apart from the high cost it is relatively painless. We were speaking to a Turkish friend today who said that the whole process for them to get a licence, including taking lessons and passing a test is 350 TL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't too garbled and that it helps.

Oh dear dual pricing, how strange

Latest Posts

Top Bottom