Question for you

Ginnoren

Turkish citizen stranded in Uk
Hi all.
My daughter married a Turkish man 3yrs ago. She is very happy living in Turkey. Thay had a little boy in 2019 a Turkish citizen.
When travelling was allowed in Dec my daughter and grandson can home on the 10th dec supposedly for 3 weeks.
They are still here. They are not allowed back into Turkey as they are from the UK.
They have or had repatriation flights.
I dont understand why they will not allow my grandson back as he is Turkish and my daughter as his chaperone (mother).
He hasnt seen his father for nearly 4 months. My daughter had started the process of applying for residency permit but it has all been delayed.
She can fly to another country and get a flight from thwre but with the 72hr window for the negative pcr and fit to fly certificates its a bit risky.
I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem. Would be interested in anybody else's story.

Hi all.
My daughter married a Turkish man 3yrs ago. She is very happy living in Turkey. Thay had a little boy in 2019 a Turkish citizen.
When travelling was allowed in Dec my daughter and grandson can home on the 10th dec supposedly for 3 weeks.
They are still here. They are not allowed back into Turkey as they are from the UK.
They have or had repatriation flights.
I dont understand why they will not allow my grandson back as he is Turkish and my daughter as his chaperone (mother).
He hasnt seen his father for nearly 4 months. My daughter had started the process of applying for residency permit but it has all been delayed.
She can fly to another country and get a flight from thwre but with the 72hr window for the negative pcr and fit to fly certificates its a bit risky.
I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem. Would be interested in anybody else's story.
The Turkish Embassy might be able to advise you.
Best wishes & good luck to you all.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
As I understand it, if your daughter has a valid residence permit, then all 3 are allowed into Turkey but subject to quarintine regulations when they arrive.

lynne

Look on Facebook at "come fly with me". Two brilliant ladies have been helping people get back to Turkey. Nothing they don't know about the system of returning to Turkey.....flights, luggage, covid tests. Yes it does mean via a third country.....but that's the only way at the moment. Not sure but think one of them has just gone back and with her child.d
Good luck🙏

shash

shash
Yes look at come fly with me on Facebook. They truly are brilliant.
Your daughter has a valid reason to fly to Turkey and would be classed as essential travel...... child father is in Turkey as is also husband. However she will have to find a good flight route to get there. Many others are managing it. Especially with the very knowledgeable advice from Lucy or Carly on Come fly with me.

REDDERS

Any Turkish Citizen or foreigner with a valid Residence Permit CAN fly to Turkey & enter with a negative PCR test result ,but it must be via a 3rd country like Dublin,Paris,etc ,not direct & then quarantine at the family home for up to 10 days.

turkplus

Hi!
We are stranded too! We came on 6th December to visit my parents for Christmas and have been unable to return. Whilst I hold dual citizenship, my husband is here on a tourist visa which allows him to stay only upto a total of 6 months in a year. Our flight back to Izmir for 18 th April has also just been cancelled.
It's so frustrating as Turkish government are giving no indication of when they will even review the situation!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Hi!
We are stranded too! We came on 6th December to visit my parents for Christmas and have been unable to return. Whilst I hold dual citizenship, my husband is here on a tourist visa which allows him to stay only upto a total of 6 months in a year. Our flight back to Izmir for 18 th April has also just been cancelled.
It's so frustrating as Turkish government are giving no indication of when they will even review the situation!
But you can fly back to Turkey via a third country, as mentioned above.

turkplus

I can but my husband only has a Turkish passport and would need a transit visa, which has to be applied for from Turkey.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Turkish airlines have daily flights via Istanbul from Heathrow, check out the TA website

Ginnoren

Look on Facebook at "come fly with me". Two brilliant ladies have been helping people get back to Turkey. Nothing they don't know about the system of returning to Turkey.....flights, luggage, covid tests. Yes it does mean via a third country.....but that's the only way at the moment. Not sure but think one of them has just gone back and with her child.d
Good luck🙏
Thanks. Thats very helpful. 👍🙂

Ginnoren

Hi!
Gosh. I feel for you too. Its so frustrating that the Turkish goverment have not given any date of even a possible return, though maybe after todays announcement from Boris on foreign travel they may allow UK direct flights back. 🙂

enoch

Gosh. I feel for you too. Its so frustrating that the Turkish goverment have not given any date of even a possible return, though maybe after todays announcement from Boris on foreign travel they may allow UK direct flights back. 🙂
It's not so much UK being allowed to come Turkey needs to short it's infection rate out for to get flights from the UK because its still in the red

Andybutt

Turkish airlines have daily flights via Istanbul from Heathrow, check out the TA website
TA website is bullsh*t. We booked our tickets from Vietnam early Feb. Still waiting to get back. Cancelled every week

Latest Posts

Top Bottom