ChrisBobs

Turkish cheese for fondue
Has anyone got tired and true proven suggestions of substitute cheeses for a fondue?
My friend tried Eski Kasar - it did not melt !
Kars Gruyere may do for gruyere...
:attention

thanks for any help!

this recipe mixes Dil fresh kaşa and gravyer..might be ok but i havent tried it

Dil peyniri (rendelenmiş) 250 gr.Kaşar peyniri (taze, ince rendelenmiş) 300 gr.Gravyer peyniri (rendelenmiş) 250 gr.Un 2 çorba kaşığıTuz 1/2 çay kaşığıKarabiber 1/4 çay kaşığıSarımsak 1 dişBira 1 küçük şişeEkmek (lokma lokma doğranmış, her lokmada kabuk da olmalıdır)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I've used the Eski Kasar for a cheese sauce by melting it in some milk and adding some Mustard and a bit of cornflour if it's too runny. It might make a suitable fondue that way.

saffie

Saffie
Never tried a fondue but love cheese so am looking forward to finding out what others have to say on this.

Incidently, does anyone know if you can get cottage cheese and ricotta here? I found some recipes not long ago which needed these cheeses and didn't know what to replace them with locally as have never tried ricotta before and had no idea what it would look/taste like.

saffie

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You can get a cottage cheese lookie likie and also ricotta but I think they're expensive.

The ricotta is usually in the chiller cabinet at supermarkets along with all the other expensive imported cheeses like Edam, Gouda, Mozarella etc

ChrisBobs

I have bought tatli LOR cheese for a ricotta substitute, there are two- one is salty for use in boreks, and the unsalted ( tatli)
Makes a huge difference in your cheescake!!! :)
combined with Labne or store brand Krem Peynir...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom