Tenpin

AKA Tenpin
Turkish carriers to fly most Russian tourists this season

Turkish carriers to fly most Russian tourists this season​

Extract:
Russian authorities have allowed Turkish carriers to launch more flights between the two countries as peak tourism season nears, with two-thirds of flights being allocated to Turkish commercial airlines.

Russia is facing difficulties arranging enough flights to carry tourists due to the sanctions, which were imposed on Moscow amid the war in Ukraine.

Russian authorities turned to Turkish carriers in the face of the mounting pressure from the tourism industry and social tensions, Russian daily Kommersant reported.

Starting June 1, Turkish carriers will be able to hold 438 flights per week to Russia, while Russian airlines will launch weekly 177 flights to Russia.

Rua

I'm surprised they are allowed to fly overseas.I thought they would have to be patriotic and spend their roubles at home.

enoch

I'm surprised they are allowed to fly overseas.I thought they would have to be patriotic and spend their roubles at home.
It's also getting cheaper for them the ruble is at a high against the dollar at the moment.

Are Russian people banned from leaving Russia or just a ban from some countries that they can enter?

Rua

No they aren't banned from travelling abroad ......yet.If I recall correctly 8 or 9 years ago they were asked to spend their holidays and money in Russia.This affected Goa at the time.
I tried googling this but it is recent news that is appearing.

Well before Covid (some years back) we were in Turkey October time, when they’d had a hard year re tourism. Workers were still lingering because they never got paid, bars and restaurant owners had cleared off without paying their workforce.
It’s business for them & big business at that. Monies taken back home for the winter months. Money talks and in Turkey, in fact it shouts 😂

Kanga

R.I.P
Reactions: Rua

Latest Posts

Top Bottom