labman

Turkish BBQ's
Hi all,

I absolutely love BBQ's, weathers been great in the UK of late so have used at every opportunity!

Funny thing is, I brought home a little Turkish BBQ even though I have a lovely one built and two others, but I only use the small Turkish one by placing it inside the chimney of the large one. Reason for this is that only the Turkish BBQ has a metal sheet beneath the main grill to collect the oil that drips from the food and it stops the flare ups! None of my others have this( I did at one point think of importing these and selling in the UK but never got round to it!!!)

Anyway, I'm out in two weeks time - will be doing many BBQ's and was looking for any good recipies that you guys may have?

Game for anything so I'll leave it to you lot........Yum!:whip:

Happy BBQing

LM

Last edited by a moderator:

geordie_nev

Turkish BBQ's
Our Turkish supermarket sells the small metal BBQ’s, he’s just order in about 50 of them. The front of the shop now is full of metal BBQ’s and a big pile of water melons so feels a little like summer is here now.

The Moro East book has a few good marinate recipes for BBQ’s. Most of them have a Eastern Med. flavour to them so the ingredients/spices are quite easy to get in Turkey. I’d print them out but I’ve left my copy in Turkey.:kafa:

There’s a video on their website with one of their recipes. You can get the recipe there too.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Turkish BBQ's
Hi all,

I absolutely love BBQ's, weathers been great in the UK of late so have used at every opportunity!

Funny thing is, I brought home a little Turkish BBQ even though I have a lovely one built and two others, but I only use the small Turkish one by placing it inside the chimney of the large one. Reason for this is that only the Turkish BBQ has a metal sheet beneath the main grill to collect the oil that drips from the food and it stops the flare ups! None of my others have this( I did at one point think of importing these and selling in the UK but never got round to it!!!)

Anyway, I'm out in two weeks time - will be doing many BBQ's and was looking for any good recipies that you guys may have?

Game for anything so I'll leave it to you lot........Yum!:whip:

Happy BBQing

LM

do u have like a picture of photo? sounds interesting... :pakistanF

labman

Turkish BBQ's
What you reckon, bit of a waste of money really to house my littlun from Turkey, but its the best!................

Wait..............

How do I put a picture on? its on my desktop, can't copy/paste, can't dragn drop, can't find url what am I doing wrong? being trying for ages!

LM

zuberdust

Turkish BBQ's
What you reckon, bit of a waste of money really to house my littlun from Turkey, but its the best!................

Wait..............

How do I put a picture on? its on my desktop, can't copy/paste, can't dragn drop, can't find url what am I doing wrong? being trying for ages!

LM

ok go to post message, scroll down till u see "manage attachments"... then follow it..

OR
upload it to photobucket and post the code up..

labman

Turkish BBQ's
ok go to post message, scroll down till u see "manage attachments"... then follow it..

OR
upload it to photobucket and post the code up..

Thanks for trying, I've had to change to iPhone, can't see "manage Attachments "though, I will put it on but probably tomorrow now cos I'm kna....d and can't be doing all the URL stuff!!

Cheers

LM

zuberdust

Turkish BBQ's
Thanks for trying, I've had to change to iPhone, can't see "manage Attachments "though, I will put it on but probably tomorrow now cos I'm kna....d and can't be doing all the URL stuff!!

Cheers

LM

knackered... is that a bad word? serious?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Turkish BBQ's
We've been having BBQ's this week, the BBQ has been used more than the last two years put to-gether, lol. Got to get one of those metal sheets, they sound just the job. One of our favourites with fish on the Barby is, cut Tunafish into chunks and marinade them overnight in lemon juice/olive oil/garlic (crush the garlic) mix it all to-gether and pour over, it needs very little cooking and it's delish. (If you like fish, that is).

dalyansteve

Turkish BBQ's
I am quite happy going to our local durum man or doner man and getting a bbq meal in a wrap for 3 lira. Marvelous.

mikey

Turkish BBQ's
hi all does anyone know if kipa do the wee throw away bbqs, i find them handy. cheers michael

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Turkish BBQ's
A little dash of Efes calms the flare ups. Make sure it's only a little bit, you don't want to waste it.

miela

Turkish BBQ's
Kipa and Migros do disposable BBQs but you need something to set them on otherwise they are sitting on your balcony or on the ground.

zuberdust

Turkish BBQ's
bbqs (as much as they r nice) can be very annoying! particulary the men who do the bbq thinking they r great chefs where in fact most of the times the women seaon the meat etc... the men cook it then leave the dishes for every1 els to wash up.... yeh i sound like a feminist! eheh

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Turkish BBQ's
Just want to mention to the many here that are into the good ol' Barbie evenings,is how to aviod flare up while the meats are scrupousishly sizzling on the Barbie..oll.oll..oll.mmm..chickin..sorry where was l."oh",yes.

Always have a water spray on the table next to the barbie.When you see a flame appear,give it a little spray of water,this will retard the flame and give off some of that lovely smokey smell to maranade the meat..mmmmm.loovvely",yum,yum.

But remember the difference between the water spray to the inflammable liquid spray on the same table.Or you could be singing sweet Dixie in the black and white minstrel show

Latest Posts

Top Bottom