Yalilover

Turkish Baths
We are coming back to Yalikavak three weeks today and cant wait. My wife and daughter like to have a turkish bath as this tends to help the tanning process (yawn). They didnt enjoy the one on the main road as you reach Bodrum (hope you know the one i mean) so would appreciate any recommendations of good local turkish bath near to Yalikavak.

thanks

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Turkish Baths
Going out of Yalikavak on the main road to Bodrum, past the windmills, some way along there, there is a big sign for a Haman, it looks like it's out in the sticks, it's on the right hand side of the road. My wifes sister and some friends went there and say it's very good.

Yalilover

Turkish Baths
Many thanks to those who have provided recommendations. Im sure my wife will be pleased that she has some alternatives to consider.

:thanks:

raine

Turkish Baths
be very careful what you have at haman royola ortakent my sister and i went in may it is priced in euros not lira turkish bath and massage cost me 155 lira i wont be going back .there is a traditional haman near bus station in bodrum 35 lira for bath and massage

regards raine

Nimrod

Turkish Baths
I would NOT recommend the Rayola simply because it's main purpose is to provide tourists with what they think is the real "Turkish Bath". On a visit to the premises last December I spoke at length with the owner who offered the usual tempatations such as being collected etc and group discounts. When he realised I was not a tourist, his attitude changed immediately. I do not like dealing with business that are prepared to "rip off" the tourist - they should be regarded as "life blood" and not be exploited. During my visit, I noticed that most services were geared up for group visits, with coach parking areas and "special deals" for the staff of hotels that recommend the "mugs" to them.

The owner would be well placed selling double glazing!

The prices are ridiculously high.

However, I can't comment on the service standards, but as I said, it's really for the tourists who have no time to shop around!

Turkish Baths
I have been to the Rayola twice & it's all about getting as much money out of you as possible I also think they have too many people in at one time, we did a lot of hanging around then,We had to wait ages before they would take us back to Yalikavak

Turkish Baths
yes the baths in bodrum are run by bodrum council and are authentic and ive had massages all over the world but it would be hard to beat the one i had in bodrum, and it wasnt expensive, a little primitive but clean

Yalilover

Turkish Baths
My thanks to Nimrod and Raine for passing on their recent experiences of Rayola. As a result my wife has decided not to use this Hamam and will try one of the other recommendations instead.

On another note i hope that this insight is not a general indication of how things are changing in Turkey.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom