tippguy

Turkish Baths?
Hi all, I'm heading to Gumbet on the 6th of June and would love to start my holiday with a turkish bath. Could anyone recommend one please. I had one in Kusadasi last year and it was just a tourist rip-off.

tjd

Turkish Baths?
I used the one in Bodrum just behind the bus station last year. It was authentic but I felt the prices were way too high, 25ytl for the basic, and 35ytl for the oil massage. Then at the end a guy was shaking a tip box right under my nose.
Would ordinary Turkish people be able to afford to pay that, or was I a victim of a 2-tier pricing structure?

gren

Turkish Baths?
If you book a rent a car with Onelli car hire, you get a free hamam sauna and shower plus free bus there. Very good!

tjd

Turkish Baths?
If you book a rent a car with Onelli car hire, you get a free hamam sauna and shower plus free bus there. Very good!

You do?

I used them twice last year, always picked up at airport or they dropped off car at Tuzla Sitesi. Wasn't ever offered a free Hamam. Must ask this year.

KateK

Turkish Baths?
The price at the Bodrum Hamam is the same for everyone and is fine - I have been going there for years but recently I went to The Joy Club (up past the windmills between Gümbet and Bodrum) and it was heaven! Don't know how much it was (was a gift) but if you want to treat yourself to a bit of pampering I highly reccommend it.

ChrisBobs

Turkish Baths?
I just had a peek today into the Cleopatra Baths - they now own the baths immeadiately above Outback Bar & Dreamgirls/ by the Windmill. They have no connection now with Hotel Medessa- they only rented until driven out by hiked rents she said.
It looked clean and tidy, with a lovely terrrace for relaxing on, or just inside while having a proper massage on the tables. Fair prices & Berna, the owner/manageress speaks excellent English

eddy

Turkish Baths?
We tried Rayola in Yaka Koy two years ago but we felt that was just a tourist rip-off.
We paid almost three times the price that we paid a year later at the hamam near the Bodrum bus station. So be careful!

Turkish Baths?
No there is a new Turkish Bath. Its on the same street as the Market is held. If you walk up from the bottom of the market square past Alo 24 iis in a row of new shops on the left. There is a spa and bath in the Mandalinci and you can pay to go in and also you can have a full da pass which covers everything inc. the gym and all food etc. I believe it costs 60ytl.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom