ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Turkish Apple Tea
I'll bet almost every one of us has brought a present of a pack of apple tea from Turkey at some stage.

Turkey has a unique blend of its own tea known as apple tea. This fruity flavored delight could even be regarded as the national soft drink of Turkey.

This commonly used brewed tea has all its components growing in Turkey. The Black Sea coast is where you will find tea plantations in great quantity. Turkish apple tea seems to be the most obvious choice for the Turkish public along with strong black tea.

Another name for the Turkish apple tea is Elma Cay and it happens to be one of turkey’s most treasured brews. With the improvements in means of mass communication the world has been exposed to this delicious beverage. As a result the worldwide demand for Turkish apple tea is constantly increasing at great speed. In the freezing cold winters the tea serves as a great way to warm yourself up. In the blazing heat of the summers you can count on the iced version of the Turkish apple tea to be a delicious thirst quencher.

There is no rocket science involved in the making of this tea rather it is just a process of adding apple flavoring and spices to top quality black tea. The apple essence is not the only added flavoring in Turkey’s favorite drink, rather some people make the additions of blackberry leaves, hibiscus, pineapple and lemon which produces a unique fruit flavored fun drink. The versatility of this drink gives it even more season as it can be served both hot and cold depending on the weather.

You will find that most houses have a teapot on the stove all through out the day. The way this tea is made is that it is brewed in a small pot which is placed over a larger pot that contains boiling water. To have a drink all you have to do is take the concentrated brew and add some hot water to dilute it plus the sugar cubes according to your desired sweetness. And there you have it, the National drink of Turkey.

Source: Translation Services | Interpreters | Intercultural Communication | Cross Cultural Training

C

ps There is a fantastic website here that tells you everything about everything regarding tea if you're that way inclined....

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Turkish Apple Tea
I think if you read the contents list of most of the Apple Tea sold in packets for the tourists it's almost exclusively produced in a chemical factory.

pldouglas

Turkish Apple Tea
I think if you read the contents list of most of the Apple Tea sold in packets for the tourists it's almost exclusively produced in a chemical factory.

Well a few more chemicals probably won't harm me by now, so I will go on enjoying the lovley teas in Turkey together with the smashing people who constantly offer a cup - with or without chemicals.

Number6

Turkish Apple Tea
Interesting, but the only version of apple tea I've ever seen here is the instant granuals or powder type, which as KKOB points out is just chemicals and sweetners.
Anyone seen anything different?

Turkish Apple Tea
Interesting, but the only version of apple tea I've ever seen here is the instant granuals or powder type, which as KKOB points out is just chemicals and sweetners.
Anyone seen anything different?

Snap! more like squash, I dont like ordinary tea and cant taste any in the powdered form.

Jane

Barbles

Turkish Apple Tea
We discovered the bag form of apple tea in the main supermarket in Akbuk in June 2008. Since then, our friends have been out and not only brought us back the apple but also the mixed fruit version. On our visit in June this year we progressed to the blackberry variant, all produced by dogadan. When offered a drink in shops we always ask for apple, very refreshing.

Les

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Turkish Apple Tea
Yes, as others I am always offered apple tea in the shops in Side. However, over the years I have learned there are lots that - have bugs in them - have been sitting on shelves for several months - don't have Sell By dates. The one and only shop in Side I trust is ONEN on the mosque road just up from the High Street in Old Town Side. There it is always fresh and also their Turkish Delight comes in fresh twice a week. I have tried the - apple tea - banana tea - pomegranate tea - lemon tea - kiwi tea - from them and it's all wonderful and extremely inexpensive. I keep it made up and cold in the fridge, so when I come back from the beach each day it's nice and cooling. ONEN also have all prices as marked and no haggling. Only shop in Old Town Side like that, other than the new Sali Pazari on the main 'High Street'.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom