Hunt 23

Turkish airlines
Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

Bit of advice needed please.

I'm about to book some Turkish Airlines flights and have registered with their Miles & Smiles rewards scheme.

I'm booking a return flight from the UK to Turkey for four people. Will I get credit on my Miles & Smiles account for all four or just for my flight?

Thanks

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Turkish airlines
Re: Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

I have only ever been credited for my own, recently I have only got 25% of the Manchester to IST miles but 100% of the IST to Bodrum miles, I haven't chased up why but I have booked via ebookers Expedia and direct, usually very little in it. I think you log each flight with your miles and smiles number, prob worth ringing them.

Martin

Heathere

Retired
Turkish airlines
Re: Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles

I have a smiles & miles account with THY. Never received the actual card, I used a temporary paper card for a few years, which was accepted although didn't get any credits to my statement. The statement I still receive quarterly by email each time showing zero!!!

I have tried numerous times by email, phone & face to face, never got anywhere. I gave up...

Still fly with them as my preferred carrier to Turkey.

ihutch

Turkish airlines
Not sure where to post this. Can anyone tell me how to book a flight using their miles and smiles points please. I have tried phoning but constantly engaged so no joy there. Would like to use accumulated points before end December when some get cancelled off. I hope someone can help with this. Thanks.

pipermam

Turkish airlines
I think you have to do it via their website. Open their home page, on the grey tab line across the top of the pag, let your mouse hover over Miles and Smiles. You get a drop down menu. Click on Online Award Ticket. This brings you to a login page where you put in your miles and smiles number and password, this then brings you to the page where it shows how many miles you have and you can go and book your ticket from here.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Turkish airlines
If I book a winter fight from Manchester it will arrive just before midnight into international with the domestic connection being 8 hours later, anyone know if the THY lounge is accessible from International arrivals or if there is a THY lounge in domestic departures.

Don't fancy sitting on those uncomfortable seats for more than 10 minutes.

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Turkish airlines
Im currently in a prolonged conversation asking the same question on THYs facebook customer service page, they have so far told me to ask ground staff on arrival, and now they want the ticket number or booking reference ffs ! its a simple question, why cant they ask groundstaff on my behalf before i shell out for a business class flight I cant get the benefits from.

Martin

RIK

Turkish airlines
Hi Martin. Whenever we fly with Turkish Airlines in Business Class we use the Turkish Airlines at Ataturk Istanbul. very Good and Food also. Do not think they have any other lounges. It is a long walk being at the bottom end of the airport. Worth the walk.

Cheers.

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Turkish airlines
Rik, my dilemma is our time of arrival, the Turkish Arrival lounge will be closed, they wont let us back in to International departures to use the one you have used, and the domestic lounge is shut.

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Turkish airlines
I have never been able to use the THY business lounge when arriving in Turkey, only on departure. I seem to remember that the domestic terminal do have some bank lounges, I think Garanti had one for those people who had credit cards with them. It may be worth checking. Surely for the difference in price for a business class flight you could book a hotel though.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Turkish airlines
I have never been able to use the THY business lounge when arriving in Turkey, only on departure. I seem to remember that the domestic terminal do have some bank lounges, I think Garanti had one for those people who had credit cards with them. It may be worth checking. Surely for the difference in price for a business class flight you could book a hotel though.

The problem is we arrive just before midnight and we depart from domestic just before 8 am so a hotel isn't worth it, we are travelling business for other reasons

Martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom