Mushtaq

Founding Member
Turkey's 83rd Anniversary Celebrated Nationwide
The 83rd anniversary of the foundation of the Turkish Republic is being celebrated all over Turkey.

Turkish citizens decorated boulevards and streets with Turkish flags and posters of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, founder of the country.

Celebrations were organized countrywide, particularly in Ankara, Istanbul and Izmir, as part of the anniversary.

A ceremony was also organized at the Republic Monument in Taksim, which symbolizes the foundation of the country.

More HERE

I didn't know about this, anyone seen much activity around in your areas in Turkey?

chesney

yes I am a girl lol
No can't say I've seen any activity as I have not yet left the house but did wonder why most the TV channels have got the pictures of Ataturk in the corner.
Thanks Mushtaq

starman

Had fleets of ships & helicopters going down the Boz today and one hell of a firework display last night. Def been loads of activity.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Looks like there is a cycle race going on in Alanya, those cameras are very good. Well done to Alanya Belediye for a good website.

speedy

mushtaq said:
Looks like there is a cycle race going on in Alanya, those cameras are very good. Well done to Alanya Belediye for a good website.

Great quality

I wish we had something like this for Altinkum / Akbuk areas

Cicero

Cicero
Didim had the school bands out today and something going on at the recreatiion ground near the Jandarma. Nice to see lots of houses and all shops displaying the national flag. Went to Akbuk this morning saw a lot of teenagers dressed in what I assumed were band uniforms and every lamp post had a national flag flying from it. Isn#t it nice to see how patriotic the turks are. I remember when the UK used to make a show on thier national days, but then I'm old and remember when I was proud to be british.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom