kemerkid

Bystander
Turkey shoots down Russian fighter jet on Syrian border
Turkey has this morning reportedly shot down Russian war plane over an area which is yet to be determined. Turkey with it's growing number of enemies is heading down a bottonless pit. Its two governments, AKP and the Presidents office is Hell bent on suicide.

kemerkid

Bystander
Re: Russian roulette

Two threads, one story.

kibris

gog and magog cometh---ım keepıng my eye on damascus ıf ıt does get oblıterated and reduced to rubble ım outta here lol

kemerkid

Bystander

You'll likely be on the plane after mine !

After 10 good years down in Alanya. So happy we moved to Bulgaria when we did. The Villa we owned and subsequently sold would never realise the same price now.

Spurs

Spurs
Talk on the news is Turkey are playing its own game with its own agenda. Strange I thought ALL the players were.

kemerkid

Bystander
Is this another 10 year stint for Russia but in Syria this time?. Russia on two borders with Turkey now.At least it will end you know who's expansion south onto Arabia.

Higgy

Higgy
We will definitely be changing our future travel plans to Turkey, everyone
and their grandmother will be focusing on Turkey.

What a shame as last time we were in Mavisehir was fabulous.

Shane

Spurs

Spurs
Surely the issue here is WHERE the action took place? If it was in Syrian airspace, Russia has the Right of self defence. On the other hand if it was in Turkish airspace then that's over Nato territory.
Both sides desperately need dialogue on this ASAP.

I find it strange that Turkey only seems to have a ;problem with Russia and it's Air Force. And not with any of the other Allied planes from France an the US, just to name 2.

Could the problem be that it's only Russia that are bombing the ISIS held Oil Fields, Refineries and Trucks that supply illegal Oil to Turkey via ISIS to the Turkmen region then onwards to Turkey itself.

Current figures estimate that Turkey buys $2m a day of Oil from the ISIS held region of Syria.

Strange init..???

Mushroom

Apparently Turkey has released data showing the Russian plane in Turkish airspace and it was given 10 warnings in a 5 minute period before being shot down.
Question - If the same scenario was repeated over the UK, what would we do? and more to the point if the tables were turned and a plane entered Russian airspace and had as many warnings it would definitely have been shot down.
All in all, Turkey appears to have done what it was allowed to do.
Whether it could have adopted a better strategy or not is another matter.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Pilot 'killed' as Turkey shoots down Russian warplane on Syria border

Moscow officials confirm Russian warplane shot down by Turkey, as reports say one pilot has been killed and a second has been captured by Turkmen forces in Syria.

Pilot 'killed' as Turkey shoots down Russian warplane on Syria border - latest news - Telegraph

I wonder what type of reception this Russian pilot will get bailing out and captured by Syrian Turkmen ?

And the question asked should be why are the Russians killing bombing people that are fighting Daesh .

Genocide Of Syrian Turkmen -Russian Air Strikes Target Turkmen Villages in Syria (photo gallery)

2lnenhf.jpg

Genocide Of Syrian Turkmen -Russian Air Strikes Target Turkmen Villages in Syria (photo gallery) | Araz news

Spurs

Spurs
Could be because al-Nusra aka al-Qaeda are also operating in that area. Either way, its a huge issue.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I wonder what type of reception this Russian pilot will get bailing out and captured by Syrian Turkmen ?

And the question asked should be why are the Russians killing bombing people that are fighting Daesh .

Genocide Of Syrian Turkmen -Russian Air Strikes Target Turkmen Villages in Syria (photo gallery)

2lnenhf.jpg

Genocide Of Syrian Turkmen -Russian Air Strikes Target Turkmen Villages in Syria (photo gallery) | Araz news

I just read they killed him as he was landing on his parachute.

Martin

teosgirl

Bal,

Firstly, I don't know that news agency - is it an objective source?
Secondly, if an accurate report - perhaps the Turkmens are supplying oil via ISIS to Turkey as suggested by Derek Payne, that would be motive.

Thirdly, looking at the map of violated airspace two things strike me - firstly, it is a very odd shaped small area which seems to protrude into Syrian airspace and secondly the Russian jets were clearly flying horizontally across from one point inside Syrian airspace into another part, not heading in towards Turkish airspace so I think Turkey made a clearly aggressive move with possibly ulterior motives.

Unfortunately the pilot has been shot so I can't see Russia taking this lying down. If it was the Turkmens that Turkey was trying to protect *for oil or for humanitarian reasons* they did a piss poor job - the plane crashed into Turkmen tents and now Russia will simply up the ante.

Russian Jet Shot Down By Turkey: Live Updates

Charlotte

Spurs

Spurs
I wonder if this will alter the vote on UK involvement out there.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
I find it strange that Turkey only seems to have a ;problem with Russia and it's Air Force. And not with any of the other Allied planes from France an the US, just to name 2.

Could the problem be that it's only Russia that are bombing the ISIS held Oil Fields, Refineries and Trucks that supply illegal Oil to Turkey via ISIS to the Turkmen region then onwards to Turkey itself.

Current figures estimate that Turkey buys $2m a day of Oil from the ISIS held region of Syria.

Strange init..???

Or could it be that Putin is looking after his puppets Assad interests, with a two prong attack knocking out the Syrian Turkmen and putting Assads oil partner DAESH on notice they want to take over the whole business .

....................................................................................

35lw0n9.jpg

In public, the two belligerents claim to be sworn enemies. Isil has vowed to topple Mr Assad and transform Syria into an Islamic "Caliphate". But the rise of the jihadist movement has served Mr Assad's interests by allowing him to pose as an essential bulwark against Islamist terrorism.

Isil fighters captured the oilfields of eastern Syria in 2013. Since then, the regime is believed to have funded the jihadists by purchasing oil from Isil.

But those links are understood to extend further than was previously thought. Instead of merely being a customer for Isil's oil, the regime is understood to be running some oil and gas installations jointly with the terrorist movement.

REVEALED: The oil middleman between the Syrian regime and ISIS - Business Insider

Top Bottom