bickern

Turkey shelves EU reforms as accession hopes fade
With key European Union states showing no sign of relenting in their opposition to Turkey's accession, the government has postponed dozens of laws required to be passed to achieve harmonization with the 27-nation bloc's standards until after the June elections, and even beyond.

I think this may be a bit of scare mongering and not actually true because Turkey has invested too much already, but if it is then I think EU will be poorer for NOT having Turkey as a member.

ted j

At least they have brains by more or less asking "hang on, before we commit, and pass all these laws, costing us loads of money, are we definately getting in?, and if so, what's in it for us" unlike some countries who joined thinking they would be rich and now wish they were out. Ted

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
This is on a totally personal note. I moved out of Britain to Turkey all those years ago because I wanted to live outside of Europe.
I've always said that I don't want a load of politicians putting me back IN there!

I've always joked that ıf Turkey became part of Europe proper, my next move would be into Norty Africa where I've always felt equally 'At home'.

Hmmm. Bit dodgey all round at the moment?!:hmm::peace:

Expat2008

There are a lot of countries that are unlikely to join the EU, Freedom49 - but one wouldn't necessarily want to live in them:)

Sally-Ann

Tired but happy!
There are a lot of countries that are unlikely to join the EU, Freedom49 - but one wouldn't necessarily want to live in them:)

Ah...You dont know my mum! The hotter, dustier and further from Europe the more she loves em!
She has visited places the average person would fear to tread and is totally serious about moving on from Turkey should Europe invade!
And I concurr!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom