Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Turkey probing 5 biggest supermarket chains over soaring prices

Turkey probing 5 biggest supermarket chains over soaring prices​

Extract:
Turkey has launched an investigation into the country’s five biggest supermarket chains, just days after they were blamed for the soaring prices in the country.

Trade Minister Mehmet Muş ordered officials to inspect the prices of a vast array of goods, from eggs, milk and vegetables to cleaning supplies at the five grocery chains, a statement by the ministry said Saturday.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I will be interested in the outcome, but I doubt prices will drop. Like many people, I have a range of items that I regularly buy, and I follow the price of this basket closely. Although they are all relatively low price items, I have watched the prices shoot up over the last few years; some have gone up by a third, but a few have doubled in price over two years.

Ian

enoch

I cannot understand why people use a supermarket for veg

Akasya

Postless Pointer

Turkey probing 5 biggest supermarket chains over soaring prices​

Extract:
Turkey has launched an investigation into the country’s five biggest supermarket chains, just days after they were blamed for the soaring prices in the country.

Trade Minister Mehmet Muş ordered officials to inspect the prices of a vast array of goods, from eggs, milk and vegetables to cleaning supplies at the five grocery chains, a statement by the ministry said Saturday.
Lo and behold Artee will discover the facts of inflationary economic policies for the first time .
Steve

Hilsjw

I use the markets but occasionally use the supermarket because, sometime I want only a few of say, tomatoes, lemons or potatoes. Not so easy to buy a small amount in the market without causing a bit of embarrassment or misunderstanding. I love using the market but only buy from stalls that display their prices !

mollag

Kipper restorer
I predict some enhanced campaign donations for Artee in the offing :rolleyes:

enoch

I use the markets but occasionally use the supermarket because, sometime I want only a few of say, tomatoes, lemons or potatoes. Not so easy to buy a small amount in the market without causing a bit of embarrassment or misunderstanding. I love using the market but only buy from stalls that display their prices !
My neighbour is on her own I sometimes go for her 3 carrots and 2 onions and a couple of apples. They can like it or lump it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom