kemerkid

Bystander
Turkey police raid opposition media
Bal canavar knows everything, he'll be able to keep you informed. If they don't get him as well.... perish the thought.

tosmur

Used to be many TLF's said Zaman could not be trusted because they supported Erdogan when Erdogan & Gulen were best buddies, did the paper become more trustworthy when it only supported Gulen and not Erdogan?

I don't agree with the raids though.

Last edited:

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Your right Tosmur I was one, along with a few other anti Erdogan people and a sadly missed knowledgeable Turkophile member from the forum .

I think the reason for reading and using was be based on, a former partner scorned, the Erdogan opposition might find it worth listening to, Gulen knew all the skeletons in the closet of this former partner . The more Gulen was hurt the more he has revealed of the agenda and the dealings of Erdogan in the Zaman and he continued to use his followers close to Erdogan to uncover wrongdoings of the present regime in the Zaman and what's was happening.

Since most of the opposition papers have been taken over by RTE ,given to friends and family and the others all but silenced by threats or fines , the ZAMAN was handy.

KK it only looks like I know everything by your lack . thanks for your contempt sorry concern over my safety.:tigger:

Last edited:

kemerkid

Bystander
It's not what you know that counts, it's who you know that matters.
Twas ever thus.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
It's not what you know that counts, it's who you know that matters.
Twas ever thus.

That's why I liked it better when I, like bill/june and the others were on your ignore list, good company . :blowkiss:

Last edited:

tosmur

Your right Tosmur I was one, along with a few other anti Erdogan people and a sadly missed knowledgeable Turkophile member from the forum .

I think the reason for reading and using was be based on, a former partner scorned, the Erdogan opposition might find it worth listening to, Gulen knew all the skeletons in the closet of this former partner . The more Gulen was hurt the more he has revealed of the agenda and the dealings of Erdogan in the Zaman and he continued to use his followers close to Erdogan to uncover wrongdoings of the present regime in the Zaman and what's was happening.

Since most of the opposition papers have been taken over by RTE ,given to friends and family and the others all but silenced by threats or fines , the ZAMAN was handy.

KK it only looks like I know everything by your lack . thanks for your contempt sorry concern over my safety.:tigger:
Gulen & Erdogan are both religious fanatics and very similar in their beliefs not much between them - guess that's how they became friends - of course there is the old phrase "familiarity breeds contempt" which looks like what happened to these 2 old buddies. Personally I would not trust either.

Sad that several governments in Turkey have banned newspapers, arrested & imprisoned many journalists.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
21lsbac.jpg

European Association Union of Journalists AEJ Vice President William Horsley said, "if Turkey wants to regain its reputation in the international community, the right to free expression and the silencing of journalists should cease immediately, and the detentions be rescinded ".

stuart

stuart
careful what you say bal he might get barred from this forum along with all the others lol.!

back to topic regarding Gulen I don't agree with him trying to control things from another country weather rightly or wrongly.

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Tosmur is right they are as bad as each other ,but for anti Erdogan people the Zaman was/is an insight into the agenda of the expartnership and the present Govts agenda ,the more they slugged it out in the Zaman the more people learned of some things we could have never learned if it hadn't been revealed by a former partner. "Like a woman scorned "

Gulen still have followers in govt so can still scoop the dirt in the Zaman as Gulen is hurt by Erdogan . Up until now Erdogan has been afraid to attack the Zaman ( as conservatives in AKP grassroots are readers of the Zaman and Gulen sympathisers ) openly but only through his son in laws paper and mouthpiece the SABAH ,but now he seems unfortunately strong enough to go for the jugular .

Time will tell if this is just like former govt clampdowns Tosmur ,but I have never seen such an onslaught on all the Freedoms that make up a Democracy he controls nearly all . Its nearer to an illiberal Democracy.

vzva6q.jpg

Last edited:

akbukowl

Gulen is party to Erdoghan' s actions ,the perceived aggression to each other is a cover to lead Turkey into a Islamic dictatorship

kemerkid

Bystander
Gulen is party to Erdoghan' s actions ,the perceived aggression to each other is a cover to lead Turkey into a Islamic dictatorship

I don't know where you got that idea from but in the present climate it wouldn't be hard to believe it. Neither one of them are of any use to Turkey anyway.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
For artee , the Pres election in 2016 will come far too soon. He needs to do his dirty dealing now , a Republican Pres will kneecap artee , both he and O'bama know this.

Steve.

Guz1

21lsbac.jpg

European Association Union of Journalists AEJ Vice President William Horsley said, "if Turkey wants to regain its reputation in the international community, the right to free expression and the silencing of journalists should cease immediately, and the detentions be rescinded ".

A little late to the party. Where were they when Erodgan and Zamann were in Gulen's pocket and journalists speaking out against them were being silenced? Had they spoken up then, Erdogan might not have achieved his present cult status.

Spurs

Spurs
I can hear Shirley saying "I knew it" but maybe with a bit of colourful language.

I had a political journalist living by me in Turkey who had just moved from Ankara, he was hoping for a job in Izmir, why? For rear of his life...............its serious sh*t in Turkey if you write or say the wrong thing. I never grasped it at first but after a few heavy drinking sessions with him, it all became very clear. He desperately wanted Turkey to go into the EU but his opinion was "it will never happen". He himself was not allowed out of the country since one visit to the UK, no reasons were ever given to him but his passport was withdrawn.............hope the guy is OK.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom