TLF Admin

Administrator
Turkey may start easing virus restrictions in March
Turkey may start easing some COVID-19-related restrictions in the second half of March, as the daily number of infections dropped significantly over the past two months and the vaccination drive has been rolled out.

In the light of those encouraging developments, authorities are now mulling plans as to how to proceed with the virus measures down the road in the remainder of the year.

The duration of weeknight curfews could be shortened, on weekends only daytime curfews could be imposed and restaurants as well as cafes may reopen under certain conditions, authorities said.

Turkey has been implementing curfews and full lockdowns on weekends since early December 2020.

Weeknight curfews are in effect from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning while weekend lockdowns last from 9 p.m. on Fridays until 5 a.m. on Mondays.

Currently restaurants are only allowed to provide takeaway and delivery services.

As part of the plans under consideration, curfews may begin at 11 p.m. on weeknights and on weekends there could be nighttime curfews.

Under the revised rules, restaurants and cafes may be permitted to accept customers with a valid HES code, an application which tracks the contraction of the COVID-19 virus.

ted j

And next, it'll be the usual stuff , let all and sundry in and no restrictions whatsoever for "tourists",

Chasey

Would the end of March happen to coincide with the beginning of the tourist season?

Don't get me wrong I do sympathize with the need to bring in foreign money but at what cost :(

In the UK we are told vaccinations will be done by September. Based on the govt other mismanagement I feel its highly likely that date will be optimistic.

Kanga

There are no restrictions for tourists at any time. See F & C thread posts. The problem will be with getting staff for hotels etc.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom