immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Turkey May Decide NOT To Join The EU
This may be the best strategy - play hard to get.

Watch Greece and Southern Cyprus on this, because they know the only way to get Turkey out of the island is by using EU as a bargaining chip - they may have overplayed their hand by opposing Turkey for so long.

Ian

Mushroom

I would agree with Immac. Why do all the chasing when it is evident if you have any bargaining chips to sit back and see if anyone comes to you.
There will always be pros and cons to any strategy, but its never good to be seen chasing as that only leaves the opportunity for others to dangle the carrot.
Nothing wrong with a bit of reverse psychology now and again.

i have a different opinion..i have never thought that this present administration were sincere in being part of Europe....it was just a means to an end..ie to disempower the military..and then go ahead with their real agenda.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I wouldn't be so sure it's a deliberate strategy though. I think those who aspire to EU membership are truly hissed off with the EU's behaviour towards them.

When I say EU, I mean Germany and France as that's really who runs it anyway...

C

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
It`s always been a club for France and Germany. Some say ıt is a way of establishing what they really wanted the result of WW2 to be.
Look at the lengths France went to to keep UK out - they have never seen us as part of Europe. They still deeply resent our part in "saving" them and would probably have been quite happy to go along with Germany - and if you learn from history they have been our enemy for longer than any other European country.
Turkey is just going through a variation on what UK went through.

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom