Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Turkey launches charm offensive to repair relations with EU
Full Story

Extract:
Turkey says it wishes to turn a new page with the European Union, after a turbulent 2020 that saw relations between the two deteriorate.

Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, the Turkish Foreign Minister, met with the EU's foreign affairs chief Josep Borrell in Brussels on Thursday, where he expressed his country's desire to get things back on track with the 27-member bloc.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Full Story

Extract:
Turkey says it wishes to turn a new page with the European Union, after a turbulent 2020 that saw relations between the two deteriorate.

Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, the Turkish Foreign Minister, met with the EU's foreign affairs chief Josep Borrell in Brussels on Thursday, where he expressed his country's desire to get things back on track with the 27-member bloc.
It fails right off, human rights. European courts of human rights he does not believe in.

Camden

The first thing the EU will and MEP's have been asking for, before membership accession can even be contemplated is the legally elected leader of a legal party the HDP be freed ...

jearden

Full Story

Extract:

During the period 2002-2020 Turkey received €9.3 billion from the EU in the form of pre-accession grants. For several months Turkish ministers have been planning how to spend their next allocation from the EU’s 2021-27 budget only to be told they are getting nothing. Hence the charm offensive.

j in bo

I think we would all like to see action on this, rather than words

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
So much to do, and every indication that they are drifting apart, not towards EU. They may say they want to join, but nothing in their actions support that. When I first came to Turkey (2003) every Turk I spoke to thought they would join sooner or later - now, I don't know anyone that believes that will happen.

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom