Mushtaq

Founding Member
Turkey flight suspension
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, Turkey has announced that flights between Turkey and the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE will be cancelled from 8am (local time) on 17 March. You should check with your airline before travelling.

Flights between Turkey and Germany, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Belgium and Sweden were suspended from 8am (local time) on 14 March until 17 April.

Hilsjw

Turkey flight suspension
How about flying back to the U.K. Mushtaq? Our friends are in Akbuk and are due to fly back on March 29th. They say that things are not too good in Akbuk with panic buying and schools closed etc. Any advise would be good re flights back to Blighty. Thanks.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Turkey flight suspension
In most cases airlines usually bring people back from their holidays unless the area has been quarantined like Italy was which isn't the case with Turkey.

Best to check with the airlines though as it may differ depending on the airline.

Turkey flight suspension
Easyjet has previously said when other countries cancelled flights that it will organise repatriation flights for people with return tickets booked before the pandemic.
However that is the same Easyjet who today are still selling flights to/from Turkey for this week and through March and April.
Pegasus and Turkish airlines have also said they will repatriate. However they have stopped the sale of new flights to/from the UK.

Saoirse

Turkey flight suspension
With Virgin laying off their staff for 2 month minimum it gives you idea how long this will go on

Kanga

Turkey flight suspension
F & C today posted this update.

In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, Turkey has announced that flights between Turkey and the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE will be cancelled from 8am (local time) on 17 March. You should check with your airline before travelling.

Flights between Turkey and Germany, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Belgium and Sweden were suspended from 8am (local time) on 14 March until 17 April.

All passenger flights to and from Azerbaijan, Italy, Iraq, South Korea, Iran and China from Turkey have been cancelled due to coronavirus outbreaks in those countries. Land crossings with Iran and Iraq have also been closed.

The Turkish authorities have introduced a number of precautionary measures in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including some restrictions on entry for travellers with recent travel history in certain countries.

PMitch

Existing Member
Turkey flight suspension
Piece from Hurriyet Daily News:-
Turkey will temporarily close cafes, sports, and entertainment venues and is suspending mass prayers in mosques in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus, as the number of confirmed cases rose to 47, authorities said on March 16.

Ankara also extended a flight ban to six more countries including Britain and the United Arab Emirates, bringing the total number of countries to 20, the health minister said.

I've not yet had any direct communication from Easyjet re my upcoming flights.

Turkey flight suspension
Easyjet are operating 3 days of rescue flights from Dalaman and Antalya to get peopleback to the UK. They will operate today (Wed), Thursday and Friday.
Their site says....
Main menueasyJet
COVID-19 - Turkey
Important information for flights to, from and within Turkey.

The Turkish authorities have implemented strict travel restrictions for flights to, from and within Turkey from 21st March. easyJet will not be operating any outbound flights to Turkey, however will operate flights leaving Dalaman and Antalya to try and allow as many people as possible to return home.

Flights from 21st March until 31st March will be cancelled.

Customers who have their flights cancelled will receive an SMS from easyJet with advise to visit Manage Bookings to book onto the rescue flights returning from Turkey on 18th, 19th, 20th March.

Last edited:
Turkey flight suspension
I've not yet had any direct communication from Easyjet re my upcoming flights.

I've been into my Itinerary on the App and it showed that my flight was cancelled and allowed me to process a refund.

I've also submitted an expenses claim on Easyjet's website for train fares to the airport.

Only thing left is to try again for a refund for the e-Visas that were not actually required anyway and now can not be used due to not being allowed into Turkey! Don't hold out much hope for this one though!

Edit.
Had an email reply about the e-Visa already:

"e-Visa applications cannot be cancelled and unfortunately no refunds can be made. Kindly follow the official website for announcements; http://www.mfa.gov.tr/press-information.en.mfa regarding the issue.

Best wishes,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey"

Last edited:

bickern

Turkey flight suspension
Easyjet are operating 3 days of rescue flights from Dalaman and Antalya to get people back to the UK. They will operate today (Wed), Thursday and Friday.
Their site says....
Main menueasyJet
COVID-19 - Turkey
Important information for flights to, from and within Turkey.

But not the other way it seems.

bickern

Turkey flight suspension
Dohop showing flight to Dalaman but you will need residency or citizenship to board I gather - Ikamet required.

111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Bit expensive but

https://www.dohop.com/ is showing flights to SAW from London on 21st March - 625 TL one way.

Last edited:
Turkey flight suspension
my easyjet flight from bodrum to luton on the 1st april has been cancelled.
BA also cancelled my flight from heathrow to istanbul which was due on saturday 21stbut for some reason they,ve only offered vouchers.
looks like we are stuck with this situation till at least the end of summer.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Turkey flight suspension
TUI are keeping return flights as scheduled until Monday at least, so anyone in Turkey should return as planned over the next few days.

Turkey flight suspension
my easyjet flight from bodrum to luton on the 1st april has been cancelled.
BA also cancelled my flight from heathrow to istanbul which was due on saturday 21stbut for some reason they,ve only offered vouchers.
looks like we are stuck with this situation till at least the end of summer.

Ba are still operating our flight on 20th Heathrow to Dubai, but we have cancelled as our cruise has been cancelled. BA only seem to be doing vouchers for everyone

Hilsjw

Turkey flight suspension
Our friends due to leave Akbuk on 29th March. Easyjet have been in touch and now have a flight on 12th April from Bodrum to Gatwick. Changes were all free and they are already checked in. Luckily they have their own apartment, so not staying in an hotel. A good result.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Turkey flight suspension
Our friends due to leave Akbuk on 29th March. Easyjet have been in touch and now have a flight on 12th April from Bodrum to Gatwick. Changes were all free and they are already checked in. Luckily they have their own apartment, so not staying in an hotel. A good result.

I really cannot see why people would be looking to travel in these uncertain times. Home is the place to be. here in Turkey even prayers in the mosque are cancelled can you imagine what else is 'normal'

Hilsjw

Turkey flight suspension
Very true I.A. but they were there about 2 months, long before all the virus caper started. We booked our flights to Turkey last year to travel on 17th April but very much doubt that we will be able to go. Booked with Turkish Airlines with Galaxy Travel Agents in Akbuk, so unsure about a refund !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom