ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Turkey calls for EU visa exemption
A spokesperson for the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Wednesday that Turkey, as a country carrying on with its EU negotiation process, did not ask for visa convenience, but wanted visa exemption.

Here

C

puwer98

As usual all politics, So no visa for Turks, great. but no doubt a larger price for us

basic

Quote from the World bulletin
"If the EU does not lift visa requirements for Turkish citizens after we fulfill all technical requirements, this would imply "double standards", Anadolu news agency quoted Davutoglu as saying."

Do not a lot of Foreigners feel that they already suffer from "double standards"

EVELYNNE

evelynne
yes especially as a million moldovans are to be given Romanian passports to allow them to travel freely with in the EU without actually belonging to the EU.

Definately double standards.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
And about time too , I hope this is successful so my Husband can come over to UK without all the red tape ..................Diane

teosgirl

I wrote another post on a different forum a while ago regarding the situation of a Turkish friend of mine.

We were supposed to be travelling to the UK during the christmas period in a group of 6, including my father, husband who is Turkish, and our daughters plus this friend.

He applied twice and was refused twice.
The reason for the refusal? The person didn't think he had enough money to support himself during the two week trip.

He supported his application with 5 tapus of shared property between his sister and himself, a sponsorship letter from my dads partner who lives in the UK, she provided bank details and house deeds and bills etc etc.
I provided a letter of reference explaining why he was travelling with us, and even included the fact that after his parents were killed in a car accident 2 years ago we have become his closest family.
Still his visa was denied.
He has always held good jobs in Turkey, in Ankara as a virus protection software creator and currently *for 3 years* with my husband as Assistant Manager of a complex in kusadasi. He also provided 2 letters confirming his salary of 1.000 euro per month and these were written by his bosses who are British citizens.

The process for application is a joke! It's unfair, discriminative and they are not considering applications with the intention of issuing a visa, they're looking for any excuse to deny it. As he didn't pay his wages into a bank account regularly it was held against him, even though he provided details of his SSK (tax and NI) and confirmation from his bosses.

The con of it is, that even though his entrance visa was denied he doesn't get the application money back.

Charlotte

DtB

What annoys me are the double standards of the Turks with regard to EU residents.

Brits get a 3mth entry visa and pay £10,--. Belgians get a 3yr visa for abt 60 Euros, French nor Germans need visas so where's the consistancy in that?
:angry:

teosgirl

DtB,

My husband recieved his shengen visa much quicker than his first British visa, even though he's married to a British citizen!
Plus he wasn't required to provide 100 pieces of information to support his application.
Maybe that has something to do with it.

Charlotte

Reactions: DtB

DtB

Could well be, but then it still looks like there are inconsistencies even within Shengen as I presume Belgium is part of Shengen too...............

Hi Dave when Jos and Gerda ( they are belgians) got there res permits they paid one per month so they took it for 3 years so 36euro each! and the dutch pay even more than we do, Jim

Squeaky

Good evening:

"As usual all politics, So no visa for Turks, great. but no doubt a larger price for us."

Why do so many people adopt the attitude shown in the above comment?

Everything that happens does not mean that there will be something negative happening to us or at least I don't see it that way.

For example there was a lot of hollering when sterling dropped against the euro yet when there is any rise in the exchange rate no one even mentions it. It seems it is all "woe unto me".

I would imagine that if Turks are allowed to enter the EU with visa restrictions that EU members will be allowed to enter Turkey visa free.

Possibly I am a bit naive in believing that but it seems logical to me especially as so much of the aggro connected with visas and residence permits seems to vary from country to country depending on how the country treats Turkish citizens.

Cheers

Squeaky

P,S - apologies to puwer98 for selecting your post to use as an example - there are others with the same sentiment.

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
What annoys me are the double standards of the Turks with regard to EU residents.

Brits get a 3mth entry visa and pay £10,--. Belgians get a 3yr visa for abt 60 Euros, French nor Germans need visas so where's the consistancy in that?
:angry:

Yeh, and the French and Germans don,t even like the Turks.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Isn,t it the Germans and French who want to keep Turkey out of the EU ?

DtB

Certainly Sarko, the little s**t does. He's been very vehement on the topic, and as regards Germany, they have so many living there that you could be forgiven for thinking that Turkey is already in the EU............:lol:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom