paddye17

Turkcell Tariffs
Hi

A quick query. I'm buying a Turkish mobile in Bodrum and could do with some advice about the various Turkcell tariffs. I've had a look at other threads and also at the Turkcell website but can find anything in English which explains what the various tariffs are, how much they cost and how they work. I gather it can be quite expensive just buying 'kontours' but have also heard some tariffs give you more minutes per kontour? I presume contract phones are available as well as pay-as-you go? Help?! Would also like to be able to top up and control things on-line?

I've been to the local Turkcell shop - but my pathetic Turkish made it very difficult to understand (I've just booked some Turkish lessons - this time next year I'll be fluent! Well, better anyway).

Thanks a lot

Paddy :cell:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Turkcell Tariffs
I may be wrong but I believe you have to be a Turkish citizen to have a contract phone.

As for it being expensive to use "Pay-as-you-go" with Turkcell, it all depends on what you're going to be using it for.

If you're going to make a lot of calls it may be worth using a landline, Alo Kart or Skype.

Chinook

Turkcell Tariffs
Why buy a Turkish mobile . Much cheaper to register a UK mobile and have a Turkcell( or other provider) SIM card put in

paddye17

Turkcell Tariffs
Thanks both. Definitley need a mobile (it's a lifestyle thing!) - take the point about buying a SIM card though....

The whole tariff situation is still a mystery to me - think I'll ask a Turkish friend to help.

Thanks again. Over and out.

Paddy

REDDERS

Turkcell Tariffs
The deal i am on is turkcell to turkcell only, 2 kontors for 5 mins talk time & 3 kontors to phone a local landline.This deal can be set up at most phone shops,but we had to buy 150 kontors the first time then 100 kontors thereafter.

martin..

dngood

Turkcell Tariffs
Hi Paddye,

Turkcell's Prepaid (PAYG) tariff information can be found in English by clicking on the links below, all are subtly different!

There are several tariffs:

FYI, Kontor prices can be found HERE. Roughly speaking 1 Kontor is about 0.20TL, so the "3,368 units/min" most of the above links quote works out to be roughly 0.70TL per minute using pre-paid kontors (units).

To manage your phone online, see my article HERE

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Last edited:

waterbaby

Turkcell Tariffs
Does anyone know if you can get the setting changed on your Turkcell phone so that you get all the promotional /services messages sent to you in English ? It does my head in that i miss out on all the deals as i cant understand them so they just get deleted.

gren

Turkcell Tariffs
Why buy a Turkish mobile . Much cheaper to register a UK mobile and have a Turkcell( or other provider) SIM card put in

NOT recommended if you come and go.
Too much hassle trying to re-register each time it get DE-registered!
(and it will...)
MUCH easier to buy a cheap phone....

Does anyone know if you can get the setting changed on your Turkcell phone so that you get all the promotional /services messages sent to you in English ? It does my head in that i miss out on all the deals as i cant understand them so they just get deleted.

Its NOT possible. Anyway, they are usually messages of little or no importance.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom