lesleykay

Turkcell phone
Hi
Help, I seem to have let my phone go semi active, seems I should have credited it before end of Dec, managed to log in to Turkcell website, but I'm on the bit where I can receive calls but not make them. I did register for roaming but now cannot pick up the Orange network that came up on my phone before.

I have kontor cards here but will I be able to credit my phone, I'm not coming again before it says that the phone will be of no use?
Can anyone help please?

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Turkcell phone
If you have a friend here, they could go to one of the Turkcell shops and have kontors credited to you phone by the computer as this is how they do it most of the time now, I dont think it would mater much if you recieve them on your phone, all that matters is that you have toped up, might be worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

lesleykay

Turkcell phone
Hi
I do have kontor cards here in uk and have access to the turkcell webiste, and my phone on there. It says add Kontors, do you think if I add them the phone will be ok?

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Turkcell phone
I think it would depend on your Roaming working.

lesleykay

Turkcell phone
On the Turkcell website, it says that my phone roaming is active, but cant understand why I cant pick up the Orange network as usual.

I have just been on my account page and it says that I have 57 Kontors. I am now able to receive incoming calls but no outgoing calls. After 31 march I wont be able to make or recieve calls, then 30 apl - closed.
My account is set for international roaming.

I have Kontor cards here so I could add, but will that help or change it at all. Is it that the phone needs to be used in Turkey to make a call to keep it active?

If anyone knows what to do can they please post. Thank you.

JML

Turkcell phone
Think if you add Kontor it will be ok, you have to add everythree months to keep your phone open, I used to do this for some friends they left their phone here in Turkey with me and I added their Kontor but i didnt use the phone and it kept it open.Not sure how it will work if your out of Turkey and your roaming not working, why dont you give it a try you may be ok and better risk a few Kontor than have your phone shut down.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Turkcell phone
I'm in the UK with my Turkish mobile set on roaming and have just recieved the following message from Turkcell:-

Degerli musterimiz, bulundugunuz ulkeden, numaranin basina 00 koyarak arama yapiniz. Orn 009053xxxxxxxx. Turkcell Dunya tarifesi ile Ingiltere'de arama 6kontor(dk) aranma 6kontor(dk) SMS gonderimi 10kontor ve 50KB GPRS kullanimi 6kontordur(KDV ve OIV dahildir). Yurtici paketiniz yurtdisinda gecerli degildir

Can anyone please shed any light on the gyst of this meassage?

Pete

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Turkcell phone
It's basically just telling you that you're not in Turkey and therefore the low tariffs that normally apply over here will not apply to any calls or text messages that you make while abroad.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom