seanjackdan

Turk Telekom / Broadband Bandwidth Issues !!
Hi,

Does anyone living over here in Altinkum have problems with Turk Telekom and thier broadband?

Does anyone have a connection higher than 1mb ??

I have lived in 2 different areas of Altinkum so far, and both times, Turk Telekom tell me that I can only have 1mb max, in the area I am living !!

They keep advertising 2 / 4 / 8, and now 10mb....but I keep being told I can only ever have 1mb!! - Does anyone else have this problem ?

It doesn't help matters that not ONE person in the Turk Telekom building in Didim speaks a word of english either !!!

Sean x x

Have you tried the TurkTelecom shop at the top of Ataturk Boulevard,the Didim end I mean,opposite the Arcelik shop?Don't know if they can give you any information but several of them do speak english.

seanjackdan

Hi Dancing Queen,

Thanks for the reply.... I think I know the place you mean, so I will go in their next week, and see if they can give me any advice !

Sean x x

maggie

hi Ive found quite a few people in Turk Telecom building that do speak some English.
It does help tho if you can speak a little Turkish.

Yes the connection is only about 1 here in Akbuk.

They are very helpfull in the Telecom shop and there is one girl whos English is quite good.

Hugs Maggie xxx

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
It doesn't help matters that not ONE person in the Turk Telekom building in Didim speaks a word of English either !!!

On the other hand, you'd hardly expect anyone in a British Telecom shop to speak Turkish, would you ? :roundgrin

It's a fact of life that you'll only get the faster ADSL speeds in large towns and cities until TT get round to upgrading their network in the outlying areas.

Martyn

Just to rub it in I changed my provider to BT and now look at my speeds :roundgrin

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
I went to pay bill the other day they told me I can have 8mb for 2 lira more pcm currently I have 1mb and pay 27tl pcm.:horse:

ted j

592225202.png
This is mine

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I live in Ankara and pay for 4 mb.....I actually get less then 1 mb. On Sundays I can't use skype. I lose my connection every couple of minutes. They have far far more subscribers then they are set up to service. Piziz me off to no end

Biker Bob

dalyansteve

Our speeds are about the same as yours KKOB, but Turktelecom have been laying new fibre optic cables over the summer so I expect faster speeds will be available at some time in the future. Me, I am just gratefull we don't have to use dialup anymore, how pants was that?

Xerox

BAA - but not sheepish!
Just to rub it in I changed my provider to BT and now look at my speeds :roundgrin

592225202.png
This is mine

and here is your weather forecast for Milton Keynes and Birmingham :fish: - I guess in time my internet speed will improve :9:

but for now, here is my results for Fethiye with a 2 Meg link - that's with 'er indoors doing a little light surfing and Skype running in the background.

here is via my phone using Turkcell 3G [URL=http://www.speedtest.net] [/URL]

Not the best in the world, but quite usable, and would I rather sit in the sun with a slow connection and time to wait or watch the rain coming down my windows and curse the slowness of my very fast internet connection as I have a deadline to meet? - hmmm - tricky decision! :smartass:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!

Well this is mine, but I have no idea what it means!!!???

Martyn

It means you have a slow connection by comparison to the uk but it seems about par for some of the ones in Turkey

Harem

I've cliqued

Don 't know if this is going to work - but if it does, this is mine!!

REDDERS

Sonnyjim,my figures are exactly the same as yours,i'm in Bodrum Town & i pay 48tl a month for the privilage of this cr@p service.Live TV streaming?...foget it !!!

Martin..

Xerox

BAA - but not sheepish!
When I have had speed issues I have contacted TTNET and they have resolved them for me, I think they will look at it if you drop below about 80% of the bandwidth you pay for, so if you are getting speed problems give them a ring on 444 0 375 I have always found them willing to help, the worse case scenario is that they tell you tough luck that's all we can give you so you'll be no worse off for asking the question.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom