perfect1949

i just love my clique
turgutreis market
i got told on wednesday that turgutreis market will be closed for the next 3 saturdays due to road works. can anyone confirm this

SAMIMI

turgutreis market
If the market will be closed for 3 Saturdays, I imagine they will just move the location temporarily. We have to buy our fruit and veg somewhere and the supermarkets just do not have any decent potatoes!

gordie

gordie
turgutreis market
All sorts of stories flying around - one İ heard yesterday was that as many had not been paying their rent, the mayor ordered it closed for 3 weeks. may be set up near to the dolmus park area !
Gordie

Mag

turgutreis market
Was also wondering why it was'nt on this Saturday...went down and was disappointed, as I would have gone to one elsewhere earlier in the week.

SAMIMI

turgutreis market
Is the market going to be on next Saturday in Turgutreis?. I was thinking of going to Ortakant for their Wednesday market. Is it the same stall holders at this market?

turgutreis market
Turgutreis market has been closed for 3 weeks (It's supposed to be open this coming saturday) According to the locals, it was closed by the Mayor because of 'irregularities' in payments & sub letting by some stallholders (political amongst other things) the road works have not been a major problem (yet)

When it re-opens, there should be more local business with stalls & rents (& stallholder behaviour) will be better regulated as licenses will only be issued for 12 months.

Other area updates: Koctas (B&Q) are moving in a month or so to be next door to West Marine (just a short distance before its present position) as both are owned by the same holding company. Going there from Turgutreis/Ortokent you just go a bit further down the road & come back on yourself at the lights/roundabout. The guys in West marine say it will be a lot bigger than the current store. (West marine is also a great store for stuff like fibreglass etc (Car & boat repairs!)

The widening of the road from Ortokent to Turgutreis is progressing well, & much of it could be dual carriageway by summer, it looks like they are going to bypass the Ortokent town centre with a new road from near the cemetery. There are already 4 petrol station now open, on the road to Turgutreis, so they must be expecting it to be very busy!

As most of you know Nutters has been demolished for breach of planning laws, & may re-open as a small beach hut, selling only soft drinks (as original plans) so the locals say....

Gaz

perfect1949

i just love my clique
turgutreis market
this saturday the market reopens with the fruit and veg stalls being at the same place as always .but the cloths market as moved to the dolmus station

turgutreis market
There used to be a non food market there on a Wednesday until 3 years ago, great for me not far to walk. If it stays there it won't help the bars and restaurants in town on a Saturday as they may not go right into the town. I worry if our road will get more busy with the coaches coming along for the market and what about the transfers to Club Cherry and the other hotels nearby. I like it where it is thanks, only time will tell

SAMIMI

turgutreis market
I am so glad they are keeping the food stuff separate from the clothes stuff. What about the DIY tools and stuff?
I missed the lady who makes the jam and honey. Actually I bought a big jar of very good honey today from the shop that sells the watches and tourist stuff. I thought "great, this is what I like about Turkey, if you got stuff to sell, then sell it, it does not matter that your only outlet is a watch shop!"
I've also got to know the potato man and the nice young lady who makes borak. I love to practice my Turkish on them, it always brings a big smile to their faces.

DtB

turgutreis market
Didn't realise they'd moved the clothes market...............
So where is the Dolmus Station please?

perfect1949

i just love my clique
turgutreis market
instead of turning right where the clothes market used to be ,you turn left ,and its about 200 mt on the left hand side

Reactions: DtB

DtB

turgutreis market
Obviously depends as to where you used to turn right to the Market.....

I always did it opposite Carrefour which is why I cldn't find the Dolmus station. Have now located it down the street between Vestel & Migros........

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SAMIMI

turgutreis market
Do you mean by the "Otogar" the coach station and not the Dolmus (minibus) station?

I went down last Saturday. The fruit and vegetable stalls were more spread out with much more space to walk around. Not all of the usual traders were there. The garden man from Gumusluk was not there and there was no one else in his spot. There were two other garden stalls but not as good as our Gumusluk man.
The market ended just before Alo 24. Cars were able to travel on the road in front of Alo 24 which stops the town from being clogged up.
Will it revert back to the way it was for the tourist season?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom