Mag

Turgutreis - December /January
Hi,

We are looking forward to spending our first winter week in Turgutreis at end of December. Whilst we know it will be quite different from the summer season, I am just wondering what restaurants, hotels etc. we can expect to be open at this time of year? Also, what's the taxi service like at night going local.

All tips greatly appreciated!!

Mag

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Hiya, I don't think many hotels will be open, I walked into town today and everywhere seemed to be closed. there are some Turkish restaurants open and of course MonaLisa and Lapikant. I don't know if you go into the bars but Ozzys, Tropic, Azo bar (previously Our bar) and Local bar are still open.

Taxis are easily obtainable and the prices have reduced since the end of the season, supermarkets etc open as usual, Saturday market is still on but is a bit smaller however bargains galore as they are not geared to the tourist, many stalls selling everything for either 5 or 10 lira

If this is your first time out of season I am sure you will find it a little strange but we locals love it, we get our town back for a few months, bar street becomes a car park and everyone seems more relaxed

Hope you enjoy your stay, I will be back in the UK for Christmas and New Year

Mag

Thanks Babsgood. We are looking forward to seeing the place out of season. Seems like there will be enough to keep us occupied..going for a rest, so not looking for anything too mad!!

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
We flew out to our house in Gumbet on 27 December last year for the new year. One of the abiding memories of that holiday was a walk in Sabinci Park in Turgetreis and sitting in the cafe there with a coffee and looking out over the sea - heaven!!

Reactions: Mag

Gail

Hi Mags as Babsgood has said there is enough open here La Villa, Mona Lisa, Lapikant, Alins and lots of the little Turkish restaurants, Sunger Pizza opposite the marina, all the restaurants on the marina, so lots of choice, you will enjoy it.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Went to the market today in TT, thought the town is beginning to look tired and dirty.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
thats strange Yalides we were saying the same thing yesterday, it always looks different in the winter but I think you are right, something needs to be done to spruce it up a bit

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Don,t mean to be anti TT. We still like the place and the vibrant market but a bit of a clean up around the streets would be good.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom