merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
For anyone who wants the speed of ADSL but doesnt want to pay the standard monthly rates, Turk Telekom have last month introduced a new capped service.

You can now get 256k ADSL with a ceiling of 3GB transfer for only 25.73YTL monthly.

Or 512k ADSL with a 5GB ceiling for only 43.47YTL

Both services allow you to go over the set limit with an additional per GB charge of 8.87YTL per GB.

If you are already on the higher band ADSL you can swap out to the new service.

steve

TTNet New Tarriffs....
thanks merlin thats very useful info and i am sure quite a few will be looking into that

steve

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
Steve its an ideal solution for anyone who only uses the net for email and browsing. I suspect it will get even cheaper later this year and the good thing about TT is they always charge you the NEW reduced price when sending out the invoice. You dont pay the old price for the year. Does that make sense?

starman

TTNet New Tarriffs....
I have also heard that they will be doing away with the 256 service and making it a minimum of 512, similiar what they did last year when they ditched the 128 service.

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
I can assure you that is not the case for Aydin... I do consultancy work for the management team and their current remit is to promote the swapout from 56k to 256k.

The bridge from dialup to 256k is the preferred route. If however, anybody signs up for the 256k service and 256k is withdrawn, it is standard practise subscribers would automatically be upgraded to 512k at no penalty.

Merv!

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
quote:Originally posted by mushtaq

I Just want them to run the ADSL to Akbuk [V]

Whats exchange number there? ie here 622 618 etc.

I will make some enquiries for you today ok.

Merv!

Mushtaq

Founding Member
TTNet New Tarriffs....
The exchange is 256 which is Didim I think, that has ADSL already, maybe the exchange is too far from Akbuk for the ADSL signal?

Mushtaq

Founding Member
TTNet New Tarriffs....
I don't have a phone line installed there yet no point unless I can have ADSL, but a local number is 0256 856
that should tell them the area.

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
With a phone line you can still have 56k without contract - just use your phone and dial 146 in the dialup connection, 56k is better than nowt?

ok - 856 is the exchange. I will make some enquiries for you Mushtaq. Hopefully have some news when you are out here

Merv!

Marc

TTNet New Tarriffs....
Merlin, just wanted to revive this,

Did you get anywhere with your enquiries?

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
Not good news. Manager at PTT here said there has been just too little demand from the 856 area to justify the investment - most likely because there are mostly holiday homes in that area than residential.

Also, you may have seen that Turk Telekom is in the throws of being sold off - its unlikely they will be spending large amounts of money in the meantime.

Sorry....

Merv!

holidayworld

Who Can We Can.
TTNet New Tarriffs....
Hi Merv
Can you tell me if possible if there is ADSL in Uzumlu near Fethiye?
0252 6655 is the code and the start of the phone number???

Thanks

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
TTNet New Tarriffs....
Merv,

What about Kaya Koyu?
0252 6180

If not ADSL can you recommend a cheaper method of comnnecting other than 146?

merlin

TTNet New Tarriffs....
This link will give you information on whether ADSL is currently supported for your telephone number.

http://abone.ttnet.net.tr/adsl/index.php?lang=eng

I live in Kusadasi and have organised private installations before for people who were desperate for a DSL connection. Albeit costly, in one instance we managed to get one family connected in a day - their house and neighbours had no telekom services. JCBs dug up the road and laid private cabling to their nearest telekom panel. Thereafter telekom personnel arrived to complete the connection sometime around midnight.

Anything is possible in Turkey, it just comes down to pulling strings, calling in favours and money.

If your area is not currently enabled for ADSL, but you have a standard telephone, you could do worse than buy a 3 or 6 month "packet" from Superonline. Its easier to use than the TTNet service and although relatively expensive compared to ADSL prices, their standard dial up gives you a solution without committing to a yearly contract.

http://satis.superonline.com/onlinesatis/sinirsiz.php

You do not have to purchase online, almost all computer shops in Turkey sell a "packet" which can be bought over the counter, installed and activated at home.

Merv!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom