TTNET in DIDIM
:help:Can anyone explain why the connection speed has been dropping to 8kbps at times.This is happening more and more.It gets very frustrating whilst trying to listen to Internet Radio. Even trying to download TLF can take as much as 5 mins.No doubt there is a simple explanation.Please help a geriatric old git to get things sorted.:504xn:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
TTNET in DIDIM
Well, I don't think that the Geriatric Old Git is going to get much help regarding this in the Turkish Legal Helpdesk pages so I've moved it to a more appropriate part of the forum. :3:

carolk

R.I.P
TTNET in DIDIM
I think its another one of those 'who the hell knows' but, its getting right on my eartha's too Dave!

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
TTNET in DIDIM
Stop using bold fonts and silly pictures ! They're slowing you down !

:loony: :dooh: :loony:

Martyn

TTNET in DIDIM
Are you sure about the speed Dave? How are you measuring it? Is it meant to be adsl as that is slower than the old 56kbs modems?

Go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test then run the test. Copy the forum link into here and let's 'ave a butchers :) What have you been told you are paying for?

Just to rub it in here is mine.

Andywebb

TTNET in DIDIM
Why not give them a call, they speak English at TTNET. Call this number (and its not free I can asure you of that) 444 0 375 press 9 when the girl asks you. They will want to know your problem and ask for the telephone number including the area code.

Beware this is a call center and you can go on hold and the music is bad!!! Sometimes you will get a Turkish operator, watch you may think you are getting cut off but they are trying to find someone that speaks English.

It is a 24 hr service.

The major problem with this service is when they tell you they will fill out a fault report. Someone will call you - and yes they do not speak English as its one of the tech guys. But the call center may resolve your issue.

It may help.

Martyn

TTNET in DIDIM
Adsl is a contentious supply which will fluctuate with the numbers of users. In the uk years ago the contention ratio for business was 20:1 and home use 50:1 consequently you will probably find it is better in the early hours/overnight when less people are 'sharing' your connection so do you downloading then.

Val yours is extremely low, check at various other times you may have a problem with your computer or line.

M

Mack

TTNET in DIDIM
Ive had TTNET engineers out today coz of stupidly low speeds and Ive been told that there is a hush-hush BIG problem Turkey wide from a few days ago and they are prioritising traffic to the big cities while they try to get on top of it so it looks like a case of sit n put up with crap service again while they bring in some probably foreign engineers to sort their equipment out.....me....cynical....nahhhh.

BTW, this is the site they gave me to go to for a speed test they accept:

http://speedtest.ttnet.net.tr

Couldnt even get on it, keeps timing out for me, says it all really....

Last edited:
TTNET in DIDIM
Ive had TTNET engineers out today coz of stupidly low speeds and Ive been told that there is a hush-hush BIG problem Turkey wide from a few days ago and they are prioritising traffic to the big cities while they try to get on top of it so it looks like a case of sit n put up with crap service again while they bring in some probably foreign engineers to sort their equipment out.....me....cynical....nahhhh.

BTW, this is the site they gave me to go to for a speed test they accept:

http://speedtest.ttnet.net.tr

Couldnt even get on it, keeps timing out for me, says it all really....
Hey its TURKEY.Says it all really??????

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
TTNET in DIDIM
.....Val yours is extremely low, check at various other times you may have a problem with your computer or line.
That was at a particularly bad moment Martyn :becky:, you do learn to do things at certain times here (i.e streaming is great first thing in the morning, then early evening). I can always get onto Forums and am always able to pick up my emails at any time of the day, but that is with OnSpeed set at maximum acceleration. I do find it annoying though to have to pay 49TL a month for what is not much more than dial up speed :(

colin c

TTNET in DIDIM
but as dave did say some times it is really bad but only started a month or so ago , before that it was more or less the same all day a little better at night for major downloads and always able to listen to the radio online but now i cant even do that

Howell's

TTNET in DIDIM
for the last 5 weeks we have lost ınternet every sunday, sometımes for a few hours sometımes all day. Called and spoke to ttnet but got no where !!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom