EVELYNNE

evelynne
trusting Turkish People
I know that there has been a lot of posts showing the negatives of buying in turkey and although this isn;t about buying , I wanted to share this with you all.

I asked Edy from the curtain shop to do my curtains for my apartment , in which he did an excellent job.In May I asked him to give me a price for Shower curtains, but unfortunately because he was busy we missed each other. He did go to my aprtment after I left and sent me a price which was reasonable so I accepted. I told him I would be back in September to pay him and to come and do the job.

He emailed me today to say he went 6 weeks ago and fitted the shower curtains and said sorry for not telling me before. I know it wasn;t a grand amount of money, but I am so pleased that he has trusted me to pay for this in Sept.

What a generous and kind man.

So I hope this little story helps to restore a little faith for those who are in the process of furnishing their homes in Turkey, that not everyone is out to fleece you.

Eve

PASH

trusting Turkish People
I have to agree, i lent a Turkish man a not inconsiderable amount of money to get him out of a bind and true to his word, he had every last penny paid back within a year as agreed, i never had to ask once, he always found me to pay back in installments. Don't know if i would be so trusting back home. \Trusting on my behalf and honourable on his behalf!

Summertime

Golden Girls
trusting Turkish People
I know that there has been a lot of posts showing the negatives of buying in turkey and although this isn;t about buying , I wanted to share this with you all.

I asked Edy from the curtain shop to do my curtains for my apartment , in which he did an excellent job.In May I asked him to give me a price for Shower curtains, but unfortunately because he was busy we missed each other. He did go to my aprtment after I left and sent me a price which was reasonable so I accepted. I told him I would be back in September to pay him and to come and do the job.

He emailed me today to say he went 6 weeks ago and fitted the shower curtains and said sorry for not telling me before. I know it wasn;t a grand amount of money, but I am so pleased that he has trusted me to pay for this in Sept.

What a generous and kind man

So I hope this little story helps to restore a little faith for those who are in the process of furnishing their homes in Turkey, that not everyone is out to fleece you.

Eve

Hey Evelynne.

They all do it this way, they say, "you pay next time" I am not so sure how smart this is, I think it is much more expensive.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
trusting Turkish People
I have to say with my experiences here that I wouldn't trust a Turkish business or it's owner very far untill they proved thenselves, I would trust a normal citizen quicker though.

Biker Bob

gwendy

gwendy
trusting Turkish People
sorry eve if I got this wrong, but does tht mean edy has had access to your appartment since may, to be able to fit these curtains without your knowledge.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
trusting Turkish People
no he had access through the caretaker who has my keys and was told he would be coming to fit the curtians at some point.

the trust is both ways I suppose, me trusting him to go into my apartment and do a job while I wasn;t there and him in trusting me to return in Sept and go and pay him for this job.

I do know that in the UK, I wouldn;t get anyone to do a job at my house without paying up front or paying at the time, let alone 3-4 months later.

trusting Turkish People
Totally endorse everything Evelynne has said regarding Edy. We picked up a recommendation on his service from the Forum some time ago. He was extremely polite and most attentive to every small detail and nothing we asked was too much trouble. We ended up meeting with much more than just our original curtain requirements - all at a fare price.

Idris (Edy) command of the English language was embarrassingly good, as were his perfect manners together with those of his family. He was a credit to the Akbuk business community and I hope he continues to do well.

trusting Turkish People
I agree Evelynne
Our curtains and drapes were all measured ,made and up within a day or so and payment seemed less important than service which was amazing.
We had our locks changed and the guy drove me back in his van from his shop within 5 minutes and fitted them right away!!
The service in Fethiye from every tradesman or shop was incredible.

eadie6679

trusting Turkish People
We also have had the pleasure of using Edy to make curtains for our apartment in Akbuk and agree with all the good things that have been said about him. Nothing is too much trouble and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services. He is definitely a genuine and trustworthy gentleman.

juco

trusting Turkish People
all at a fare price.

I am not trying to knock this guy in any way and I am sure its a great service.
But how do you work out that its a fair price, based on what?

trusting Turkish People
Personally speaking juco I was quite prepared to pay more than I actually ended up spending and Jean was delighted with the quality and service - that`s good enough for me.

eadie6679

trusting Turkish People
We used Akbuk Perde again on our last visit to Turkey. This time we bought some bed covers and sheets from Edy, who was once again charming and extremely helpful, as was his brother. It was good quality at a very reasonable cost and he also pointed us in the right direction to buy flyscreens and also a roller canopy. Thanks again Edy for being so freindly and helpful. We will most definately use again.

trusting Turkish People
have used edy several times over the last two years best of the best wish there was more people in the world like him the world would be a better place

trusting Turkish People
We used Akbuk Perde again on our last visit to Turkey. This time we bought some bed covers and sheets from Edy, who was once again charming and extremely helpful, as was his brother. It was good quality at a very reasonable cost and he also pointed us in the right direction to buy flyscreens and also a roller canopy. Thanks again Edy for being so freindly and helpful. We will most definately use again.

I'm confused. Your name is also Eadie. Better go to bed I think...

EVELYNNE

evelynne
trusting Turkish People
Neil , i do hope you are less confused today .........old age setting in !!!!!!

lottie

trusting Turkish People
Just a thought is the trust more to do with the fact that we are british and the turkish know that we will happily pay for a good service!!!!
Do you think that they would do the same for another turkish person(would they trust them enough?).

sygnylmz

trusting Turkish People
Believe me yes :) If they think that you don't know much about the cost of the product/service he/she is giving; trust may also be absent between Turkish citizens too but that is only true for dishonest people and believe me again you can see them anywhere in the world.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom