Duke

Trip to Capadoccia
Hi Folks Im not sure if Im posting on the right area of our wonderful forum BUT??? Im sure someone will correct me & even move this topic to relevant place !!! I would love to go to Cappadoccia for a week or so but when I ask about it in Altinkum all I get is the famous Turkish Shrug of the shoulders & they say Ephusus????? I say No they shrug again.....lol... Soooooooooo??? Anyone who can point me in the right direction for arranging a trip from Didim to Cappadoccia around April May time "Please Help" ....
Duke

RustyDalyan

Trip to Capadoccia
Hi Duke, Iwent to Kapadokya about 5 years ago and absolutely loved it, I would definitely recommend a visit. I'm not sure where Didim is? but I travelled on a bus from Dalyan (dolmus to Ortaca then big bus), changing at Denizli I think. It's a long trek across the plateau but the buses are comfy, there was free water and coffee, and usually a kindly Turk will offer you food and conversation so it's pleasant enough. Alternatively you can catch up on sleep! I can't remember the price but it was inexpensive, and easy to book the journey and there was lots of help at the otogars to transfer ourselves and our luggage to the right connection.

I stayed in Uçhisar and was glad I did, it's slightly higher up above the valleys so it's a great view, and it's a lot less touristy than Göreme (not that you could describe even Göreme as touristy by Aegean/Med standards). Uçhisar got discovered by the French some years ago so a lot of the tourists there were French, and French people owned some of the hotels, including some wonderful cave hotels. You can get a dolmus down to Göreme and back. It's usual to take your (very good) evening meal in the hotel, but there were a couple of tiny eateries when I was there. I stayed part of the time at Les Terrasses d'Uçhisar run by a French couple, the father and/or daughter took us on walks into the valleys.

I thought there was lots to see and do, though a lot of the locals were surprised that we stayed a whole week! Most of their summer visitors come in and out on organised tours of 2 or 3 days as part of a longer Turkish holiday. I went ballooning, riding, walking, visited Avanos for beautiful pottery, Ürgüp (can't remember why but nice little town), Göreme open air museum for historic cave churches and frescos, and went only a little bit further afield to walk the beautiful Ilhara valley and visit Derinköyü, one of Turkey's famous underground cities (not one for the claustrophobic!).

I hope you get there and enjoy it as much as I did, I think I've talked myself into going back there this year!

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Trip to Capadoccia
WOW I feel quite breathless just reading that.

Sounds a great trip and will definately put it down as one to do when we are there. Thanks for all the info.

ChrisBobs

Trip to Capadoccia
RustyDalyan has it right, dont tie yourself down with a tour..take a bus from Soke to Nevsehir/ Goreme and there are some wonderful pensions and hotels, in either Goreme, Uchisar or Urgup.There are local day tours, or you can just walk - glorious at that time.
I have been twice then- both just arriving by bus and winging it. Goreme has a great wall at the bus station where the hotels/ pension are listed and you can use the phone there and find who has a room free- they may come and get you!
Cappadocian pensions hotels are very wired as far as websites go too.
Enjoy!

Trip to Capadoccia
We have been to Cappadocia three times and stayed in Göreme. We can assure you that it is worth the time and trouble to get there.

I don't know anything about Didim but if you go to the bus station I am sure you will see which bus companies go there.

It is a long journey from Fethiye around 13 hours. But the buses are comfortable and stop at frequent intervals.

You don't need to go an organised trip you can find accommodation via the internet. Everything from backpackers pansyons( where we normally stay) to a wide range of hotels.

The place where you decide to stay will normally pick you up from the bus station at your destination.

Trip to Capadoccia
We're doing the trip from Turgetries this spring, we will hire a car and stop enroute when we need to sleep or will visit other sites. Hoping to stay about 4 days as we have heard there is a lot to see. Really looking forward to it.

Trip to Capadoccia
Duke, Lyndsey from Mansion Tours did a 5 day trip last November for 22 people. It was such a success that she has arranged 2 more. The cost was 500 lira and that included all tours, 3 nights in Goreme and 1 night in Konya with whirling Dervishes ceremony, breakfast and buffet lunch each day. Everyone I have spoken to said it was well organised with an excellent informative guide. The only extra was a ballon ride if you wish to take one.

pm me for her number if you are interested.

Hope you had a graet Xmas and New Year hun, we will see you soon. xxxxx Shaz

Latest Posts

Top Bottom