Firefox

Jesus Loves You
Trial Begins
The Trial into the murder of Washington post journalist & Saudi dissident Murdered on orders of Saudi Crown prince and defecto King MBS has begun in Istanbul.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53276121

No doubt turkey is in for maximum Give and take, Coverage on this one. I wonder how their proposing to bring those 19 thugs to justice in Turkish jurisdiction.??

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Trial Begins
Google Serena Shim also the history of Journalism in Turkey before praising the choice of those prosecuting..... or the recent conviction of four human rights defenders by the same people.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Trial Begins
Google Serena Shim also the history of Journalism in Turkey before praising the choice of those prosecuting..... or the recent conviction of four human rights defenders by the same people.

I cannot see the relevance. This is about a murder, not human rights. I am not celebrating the the ' choice of those prosecuting', simply the fact that Turkey has had the conviction and cojones to actually hold a trial, unlike the spineless UK who cannot even stop selling them arms to main thousands in Yemen.

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Trial Begins
I cannot see the relevance. This is about a murder, not human rights. I am not celebrating the the ' choice of those prosecuting', simply the fact that Turkey has had the conviction and cojones to actually hold a trial, unlike the spineless UK who cannot even stop selling them arms to main thousands in Yemen.

Ibo, Serena Shim was, and by the people now basking in world attention and taking the high moral ground on justice ,while denying it to their own. Hence the ref to human rights figure's recently gaoled.

No cojones needed, they have World opinion behind them. This is being done to deflect, suck up airtime away from home politics,
covid 19 and the present economic problems plus their controversial border/overseas interventions ...Whilst gaining World kudos, more financial support ,from the S.A. sanctioned Qatar and influence over a once ally but now Geopolitical rival S.A..

This wasn't done for the Khashoggi family or press freedom (that would be a joke) I would rather seen it tried in an International Court ....

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Trial Begins
You seem to be remarkably informed, do you have an inside track?
Do you see an International court taking this on in the near future? I certainly don't
At least Turkey is keeping the story alive, inspite of the TLF detractors

Camden

Top Poster Of Month
Trial Begins
You seem to be remarkably informed, do you have an inside track?
Do you see an International court taking this on in the near future? I certainly don't
At least Turkey is keeping the story alive, inspite of the TLF detractors

No, I said I would like ... rather than kudos gained by an equal offender ..its like Mussolini taking Hitler to court ....would we be cheer leading that I wonder:roundgrin

ps I didn't understand the TLF detractors .comment.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom