firbyfred

travellers cheques/ lira or £s
now counting the days down until we arrive in altinkum.
we are not sure what ratio of money to bring with us as in travellers cheques, lira or sterling, last time we were in turkey they were happy to except british money.

Trevor

Post office are doing 0% commission on YTL at the minute - available in 24 hours

Lesley

lorraine

Non Active Member
better rate changing your money in Turkey, the bank today in Fethiye was changinge £1 = 2.6320 how does that compare to changing miney in the UK. (just being nosey as per usual)!

alain01

These peeps who think they gain when they pay no commission make me laugh....oops sorry peeps...but you are paying..and quite a bit..a recent trip to Belgium with no commission cost about 4 percent...Alan.

Gail

I always change my money in Turkey as you usually get a better rate;)

Gail:)

Anne

We only take some Sterling for the markets the rest we take as and when needed from the cashpoint from our Nationwide flexi account. Saves hassle and commission.
Anne

steve

likewise, we take sterling and ytl in small amounts, and then just use the cash machine at the bottom of dolphin sq or gima. last week we only got 2.5 ytl to the pound in tinky.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
ooooh Anne Im with da Nationwide :Duse my account on-line as well :Dsterling and the good old cash card, when I need some readies :D[}:)][8D]

Anne

Yep, it's the best way.
Mum changed some money the other day for our trip tomorrow and got a measley 2.47 for her pound!
Anne

lorraine

Non Active Member
Anne, dont be too hard on your mum, last week the rate was 2.504 tl and today the rate was 2.47tl so she didn;t do too bad.
This time last year the rate was 2.7+ so appears that the economy has kinda stabilised..ish

Latest Posts

Top Bottom