barry budd

QPR MAN
travel to bods
Is the journey better from izmer to bodrum
or dalaman to bodrum
+ can you get public transport ie bus's ect

martin m

travel to bods
Hi Barry Dont know about the public transport sound of things, but would think the time taken for Dalaman to Bodrum would be a lot less than Izmir to Bodrum, and all the main places have a really good transport links, someone will be along to give you a more precise answer im sure.
martin.
ps 125 kilometers dalaman to bodrum.
250 kilometers Izmir to bodrum.
aprox martin

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
travel to bods
years ago when there was no airport at bodrum the choice was izmir or dalaman and the roads were terrible and the coaches were very uncomfortable, if you come in from izmir the roads are now very good (not the drivers) it is quite scenic in parts. As from Dalaman i havent done that one for ages but would agree that then it was definitely more scenic albeit a bit hilly i remember.

martin

travel to bods
We've always found Izmir to Bodrum has good scenery. There is a big coach that goes from Izmir with refreshments, reclinging seats and toilet the same as the ones that go to Istanbul, have had very good reports on that journey. Only done the Dalaman trip in a car. Enjoy whichever trip you choose and let us know what you think

jumbo

travel to bods
Hi Barry
We have done the Dalaman to Bodrum drive it takes approximately 3-4 hours depending on where you want to go on the Bodrum peninsula. We stopped over at a place called Gokova on route as our flight arrived in Dalaman late afternoon. We intend on going back there sometime in the future as it appeared to be such a picturesque village. Also when you wake up refreshed you only have a 2 hour drive from there to Bodrum.

Jim

waterbaby

travel to bods
I think Dalaman is slightly further than izmir from what i remember,not been to dalaman for years. Have travelled from bodrum to izmir alot.Public transport is spot on, you can get a coach that goes from Bodrum bus garage, at least every 30 mins, smooth drive with refreshments, tea coffe,cakes, they even put a film on (which i can never understand as its dubbed in turkish lol) the coach is approx 18tl one way. Once at izmir garage depending on which coach company you use you can get the free shuttle service or the \havas bus to the airport which is about 12tl pp....approx 30mins, or a taxi which is about 20mins but approx 65tl.

Tess

travel to bods
We travelled from Dalaman to Altinkum this year, was kinda dreading it, But to be totally honest I loved every minute, both journeys were daytime and it was lovely to see the countryside - fabulous. Not sure if I would have enjoyed it so much at dark, but all in all it worked out fine.

ChrisBobs

travel to bods
I think Dalaman is slightly further than izmir from what i remember,not been to dalaman for years. Have travelled from bodrum to izmir alot.Public transport is spot on, you can get a coach that goes from Bodrum bus garage, at least every 30 mins, smooth drive with refreshments, tea coffe,cakes, they even put a film on (which i can never understand as its dubbed in turkish lol) the coach is approx 18tl one way. Once at izmir garage depending on which coach company you use you can get the free shuttle service or the \havas bus to the airport which is about 12tl pp....approx 30mins, or a taxi which is about 20mins but approx 65tl.

Agree with you Waterbaby
Izmir services are direct and regular,
even if the distance from Dalaman may seem less, there are fewer buses , and then they are midibuses or minibuses that stop everywhere, so it can be painfully slow, and you may have to stop and change at Mugla.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom