Travel Insurance
I have been looking for travel insurance to take out for our soon move to Turkey. However, I have noted that it would appear that you have to be a UK resident for the policies. Can anyone please let me know what travel insurance
they used when relocating and also for trips back to Blighty.

Sue

val2661

Travel Insurance
Hi Sue

Do you not have a relative's postal address you could use in the UK? If you do, then you can get annual travel insurance which covers trips for up to 90 days. You can also get travel insurance for a year's travel (similar to gap year travel insurance for oldies!). Just google travel insurance or use one of the money supermarket search sites and you will probably find something to suit you. Good luck.

Val

aitchij

aitch
Travel Insurance
Hi Sue

Do you not have a relative's postal address you could use in the UK? If you do, then you can get annual travel insurance which covers trips for up to 90 days. You can also get travel insurance for a year's travel (similar to gap year travel insurance for oldies!). Just google travel insurance or use one of the money supermarket search sites and you will probably find something to suit you. Good luck.

Val

many of the websites ask you to confirm that you are a uk resident
registered with a uk doctor
and leaving from and returning to the uk

they will not issue a policy if the answer is no to any of these, and if you answer yes and this is found not to be the case it will invalidate your policy.

Gail

Travel Insurance

they will not issue a policy if the answer is no to any of these, and if you answer yes and this is found not to be the case it will invalidate your policy.

Gail
I believe there is also a newly added clause on some major insurers that you must have lived in the UK for a total of six months in the previous 12 month period to stop people who actually live in Turkey going back to the UK for a couple of weeks to get a new travel insurance policy. A friend also tells me that when he claimed on his policy he had to prove he had a return ticket when he left the UK (not just a one-way with the intention of buying a return) to try to stop potential fraudulent claims from people actually not UK residents.

aitchij

aitch
Travel Insurance
I believe there is also a newly added clause on some major insurers that you must have lived in the UK for a total of six months in the previous 12 month period to stop people who actually live in Turkey going back to the UK for a couple of weeks to get a new travel insurance policy. A friend also tells me that when he claimed on his policy he had to prove he had a return ticket when he left the UK (not just a one-way with the intention of buying a return) to try to stop potential fraudulent claims from people actually not UK residents.

Yeah, you have to be ultra careful not to do anything that they can claim to be faulse information on withholding information. or no payout.
Gail

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Travel Insurance
If you use a credit card to pay for your travel tickets, check with the card issuer about what cover they offer.

Travel Insurance

Gail

Yes, you're quite right - that's why I asked the question as I checked loads of companies through searches like confused.com and they all had that you had to be a UK resident, so it's no good putting a relatives address in the Uk as we all know that they wont pay up if you tell porkies. I suppose I'll have to keep trying.

Sue

Latest Posts

Top Bottom