Shen60

Travel Insurance with exsisting med conditions
Hi TLF members, tried to renew our travel insurance to include exsisting medical conditions this year and the quotes are unbelievably expensive, more than the cost of the holiday!! The only thing thats changed for us in the last 12 mnths is a chest infection recovered and high cholestrol and the difference in price is over £1000. Some companies are not insuring at all and one company quoted £420 for a single trip. Last year we paid £158 for a couple annual policy.

Can anyone recommend a company that is reasonable. We are in our mid 50's and see ourselves as quite fit and well, so a bit of a shock that we cannot get cover with some companies.

Thanks in advance

esb1841

Hi TLF members, tried to renew our travel insurance to include exsisting medical conditions this year and the quotes are unbelievably expensive, more than the cost of the holiday!! The only thing thats changed for us in the last 12 mnths is a chest infection recovered and high cholestrol and the difference in price is over £1000. Some companies are not insuring at all and one company quoted £420 for a single trip. Last year we paid £158 for a couple annual policy.

Can anyone recommend a company that is reasonable. We are in our mid 50's and see ourselves as quite fit and well, so a bit of a shock that we cannot get cover with some companies.

Thanks in advance

have you tried saga

Shen60

yes, staysure said no cover can be provided and Saga just qouted £320 for a couple single trip,
thank you for your responses

mumms

We have Barclays account and pay £17 a month which gives us breakdown cover travel insurance and airport lounge husband had high blood pressure now controlled with tablets plus triple heart bypass last year this policy was taken out 15 months after his op had to answer a few questions but got it no bother

clark

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I had double lung transplant 23 months ago and the only reasonable price I can find these last two years for annual multitrip is from Payingtoomuch.com, good luck.

Regards

Kanga

Try InsureandGo.com (nb Capital letters in address)

I'm surprised staysure declined you if you only have cholesterol and BP problems but they also declined us recently simply because we had been out of UK for more than 6 months in the last 12, whereas insureandgo were happy to cover us. Try googling ' longterm travel health insurance' for more.
It's down to the underwriters at the end of the day.
Good luck!

Try alpha travel insurance. Paid fully comp for my 87 year old mum who has Bp, a chest infection 12 months ago and Brest cancer last sept and is now sorted. Plus one or two other usual elderly complaints . It cost £77 for two weeks . Telephone number 01732853385 or 08452307439 hope this is helpful.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Try alpha travel insurance. Paid fully comp for my 87 year old mum who has Bp, a chest infection 12 months ago and Brest cancer last sept and is now sorted. Plus one or two other usual elderly complaints . It cost £77 for two weeks . Telephone number 01732853385 or 08452307439 hope this is helpful.

Does that policy exclude all pre existing conditions ?

Martin

Have a friend who just got a fantastic price through LV- Liverpool Victoria. Her one year travel policy was less than 1/3 of the cost of the 4 week policy she got in March!

Justtravelcover .com worldwide annual cruise cover for an 82 yo with triple heart bypass and high cholesterol £526........very reasonable

The policy included all medical conditions so very happy with the quote. Earlier in the year I used John Lewis and it was £144 for one week and most pre existing conditions were not covered.

Shen60

Thanks to everyone for providing information and suggesting various companies. Discovered during the many applications that it was infact my husbands pre exsisting med condition no one wanted to cover, and silly quotes from £320- £600 per single trip just for him, to £1000 for a annual for the two of us.

Most bizarre as he has been stable for 10 years plus, and no change in health. And we have been travelling for years as a couple on an annual for about £150 total and never claimed.

Finally found a company yesterday who accepted him for annual cover
for the year with med condition for £91 !

When I then tried to get cover as a couple from same company, they declined my med conditions!

What is going on with these insurance companies, they are not making sense and appear to be pleasing themselves, and not really screening risk sensibly or accurately.

So after one week of perservering, we now have individual annual policies, which provide the cover we are looking for and at a price we can afford.

It is scandalous that 2 identical policies with different companies can be so far apart in price. These companies are trying to rip us off.

I was very angry in the week, with the threat that our trip may be cancelled, but have calmed down a bit now.

Thanks everyone.

clark

Thanks to everyone for providing information and suggesting various companies. Discovered during the many applications that it was infact my husbands pre exsisting med condition no one wanted to cover, and silly quotes from £320- £600 per single trip just for him, to £1000 for a annual for the two of us.

Most bizarre as he has been stable for 10 years plus, and no change in health. And we have been travelling for years as a couple on an annual for about £150 total and never claimed.

Finally found a company yesterday who accepted him for annual cover
for the year with med condition for £91 !

When I then tried to get cover as a couple from same company, they declined my med conditions!

What is going on with these insurance companies, they are not making sense and appear to be pleasing themselves, and not really screening risk sensibly or accurately.

So after one week of perservering, we now have individual annual policies, which provide the cover we are looking for and at a price we can afford.

It is scandalous that 2 identical policies with different companies can be so far apart in price. These companies are trying to rip us off.

I was very angry in the week, with the threat that our trip may be cancelled, but have calmed down a bit now.

Thanks everyone.
Do you want to share with us who you used,

Shen60

Of course,

Columbus Direct 0800 068 0060
and Traveltimeinsurance.co.uk

clark

Of course,

Columbus Direct 0800 068 0060
and Traveltimeinsurance.co.uk
Many thanks, tried both, travel time, no good did not include medical condition in their price, however Columbus Direct fantastic price was £151.50, against £268 from payingtoomuch.com, who were the cheapest I could find last year and this.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom