Alan H

Alan Heatley
Translator/Interpreter
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of buying ,(or at least i think we are !).I could really do with the services of somebody who could translate e mails for me so i can comunicate with the owner and agent .I ve paid a samll deposit for the property but im reluctant to hand over anymore money until i recieve the Tapu. Am i right to do so?. In any case i need to tell the owner/constructor this without offending him .Any contacts please ?

PhilCo

Translator/Interpreter
Welcome Al,

There's bound to be someone out there who can and will help.

I've PM'd you with my experience so far.

Phil

puma

Translator/Interpreter
we paid the all monies due before we got our tapu. i think this is the norm to pay everything up front first, then they proceed with the buisness of applying for the tapu

RIK

Translator/Interpreter
Hi Alan.When we bought our place in Antalya we were told No Deposit and only pay for the house when you get the Tapu at the Deeds Office.This is what we did and the Seller was perfectly happy with this.As this took place over 3 years ago things may have changed.As a matter of course I would not hand any Cash to anybody before I got the Tapu.

Ian

Translator/Interpreter
hi alan we to are in the process of buying ours is off plan may i ask where and with who you are buying.I think the tapu takes a few months to come through

Susan

Non Active Member
Translator/Interpreter
We paid a above average deposit on our house, this was agreed between us and the builder, but we do not pay anymore until the Tapu, Living Licence, and all Snags done on the house are finalised, must say not many snags to be done, and they were all done within two weeks of us signing.

Our builder in Uzumlu even altered the depth of the swimming pool, with a payment of 50/50 at a reasonable charge, we thought this was very good as the swimming pool was completed when we bought the house.

He has put us more solar panels in, all this was done on a handshake and for us to pay him when next in Turkey.

This is what I call a nice guy.

We have a Turkish lady lawyer who is also very good went along to our bank with a letter from us and collected her retainer fee which was very small that she asked for and saved us £36 in transfer costs by doing so.

This is what I call a good lawyer.

She deals with the builder and anything else that is required, and we feel very safe with her handling everything for us.

If anyone wants to know her details please PM me.

Susan

vjvodka

Translator/Interpreter
you have to check your contract if it states you pay before deeds then if you dont you have broken it so in theary you could lose the property and have to pay a penalty.but the norm is to pay small deposit then send 80% of the money on an agreed date between you and builder then the final % to be payed on arrival of deeds.but all this should be in the contract.but if you need help in translating just pm me and i will be happy to help as a friend nothing else.just have to ask....

Alan H

Alan Heatley
Translator/Interpreter
Beckie,
e are buying in Dalaman with a company named ON -TUR .The owner/builder is called Onur Turgut .The property is built.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom