Guz1

Translations for Pebble
From time to time I need to send text messages in Turkish and half the time I haven't a clue what I'm writing. Usually, the messages are just a couple of sentences not long enough to warrant contacting a translation service.

It occurred to me that others might be willing to contribute a small amount (£5 or so) to the fund for Pebble's treatment in return for short translations. Just short translations - no long tracts because we must remember that people earn their living as translators and it wouldn't be right to undercut them.

Pebble has offered to do the first translation for me but ideally other Turkish speakers would give of their knowledge for future translations.

Now, Pebble, I'm in the process of negotiating a price for having my house painted. I have received two quotes for the job including labour and materials but I have decided that we shall buy the paint ourselves and just get quotes for the labour, so here's what I want you to translate:

We shall buy the paint and other materials ourselves. How much for the labour excluding the cost of the materials?

I shall contribute £5 to the fund in return for the translation.

Last edited:

Guz1

Translations for Pebble
Help!!! I'm in trouble with my text message. My phone doesn't have a Turkish language option. If I send the message using the English alphabet (no undotted i and not hooks under c or s) will it be understandable to a Turk?

Guz1

Translations for Pebble
Thanks again Alison. Better get on with it or the house will never be painted. Here's hoping I'm not shooting myself in the foot. :kafa:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom