translation download
Moon Star sozlük is a free download and will translate words from turkish to english and vice versa.[:p][^][:X]

shorty

translation download
Hi, I could really do with a programme like this as I need to translate some unusual phrases for when we go in August (eg "Does this food contain any wheat as it will make my son very ill" and a few more similar. I tried that link but as its Turkish I didn't understand what they wanted me to put in the boxes...is there a similar download that's in English? Thanks very much.

translation download
hi shorty the word for allergic is almost the same alerjik (al er jeek)
(i'm presuming that your son is allergic to wheat) the word for wheat is bulgur and buðday pronounced boo die) what else is he allergic to? let me and i will try to help.

shorty

translation download
:) Hi, thanks for that. He is Coeliac but I don't think there's a Turkish word for that. He cannot eat gluten (again don't think there's an equivalent) but basically can't eat anything containing wheat, barley, rye or oats. On ingredients lists we have to avoid "modified starch" unless it specifies that it is maize, rice or potato starch. Any help you can give me would be great!![8D]
Carol

translation download
hi shorty medical terms in turkish are very much the same they look weird because of the alphabet. Coeliac disease is çöliac hastaliði say it churliak hastali and it is as well known here as it is all over the world.( but i don't think the local waiters will know it) if you stick to the same as at home you will be ok. don't ear hamburgers or pizzas as you know. i can probably get you a list of foods translated if you tell me what you want and also some easy to say phrases. where are you going to?

shorty

translation download
Thanks for that, we are going to Calis in August. In the past we've taken all his food but he can eat kebabs/steak/chicken out as long as we know there's nothing added to them. Can I email you, don't want to bore everyone on here rigid but it'd be great of you could translate some phrases for me
Carol x

shorty

translation download
Thanks I've emailed you, maybe you should delete your email address now in case you get spammed! Thanks again
Carol x

Guz1

translation download
Hi Shorty,
Looks like we'll need to stick to gluten-free food this summer. If it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate it if you could let me have a copy of Shirleyanntr's translations. Also, do you know if you can buy gluten-free flour in Turkey?
Maria

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
translation download
Just a suggestion, Why not make a "Medi-Alert" card with the details in Turkish, it would save having to try and explain each time you got out to eat, just show the card. :)

Ray

juco

translation download
Tried the translation download and got this message when I tried to install it. Anyone got other `free` downloads?

kakysm.jpg

Maidmarion

translation download
I just downloaded it ok. Did you us the drop down window on the right hand side for which windows you were using?

MM

translation download
Once you have pressed "Download", what do you press then?
It's all in Turkish, can't understand it! Cheers!

Serdar

translation download
shorty said:
:) Hi, thanks for that. He is Coeliac but I don't think there's a Turkish word for that. He cannot eat gluten (again don't think there's an equivalent) but basically can't eat anything containing wheat, barley, rye or oats. On ingredients lists we have to avoid "modified starch" unless it specifies that it is maize, rice or potato starch. Any help you can give me would be great!![8D]
Carol
Hi,
Probably this is called "çölyak" in Turkish. When you search (çölyak +Coeliac) in Google, you find these two words together. And if this is the same disease as coeliac there is an organisation for this. Their website www.colyak.org.tr. On the main page, at the top there is banner of www.solid.com.tr which is a company having products without gluten. Unfortunately I couldn't find English versions of these sites.
On the site, there is a list of shops where you can find products without glutens işn Turkey http://www.colyak.org.tr/satis_listesi.xls.

And when you are shopping the most important word you should look for on the packages is "glutensiz" which means without gluten. I will read what the page later and try to send you if I can learn other important things about shopping places and which products are safe in Turkey.

As for the restaurants, you can ask me whatever you want. Since I am a very experienced eater hehe I guess I can help you with the translation part.

Pls feel free to ask anything and any help for the translation.
Serdar

Guz1

translation download
Pete: Thanks a million. I checked out that site and they have a card in Turkish. Brilliant.

Serdar: Thank you, too. Tansas in Davutlar is on the list of shops selling gluten free products.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom