kaplumba

Transfers
I'm always checking the cost of getting from Dalaman airport to Datca and have tried all sorts of ways including flying to Bodrum instead of Dalaman and getting the ferry, public transport (only considerably cheaper if there are 1 or 2 people) and various transfer companies. I appreciate that fuel costs make this a pricey trip. Anyway I have found this company
Datca Transfers | Dalaman Airport Transfers - DM Transfers Turkey - Marmaris
they are quoting private transfers at 65 pounds for up to 2 people, 75 for up to 5 and 90 for up to 14. It is the cheapest I have found but has anyone used them and are they safe and reliable?

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Transfers
Just looked at the website. The prices are very reasonable, but I would be wary using them as no contact address or land line that I could see. Maybe someone will respond with a favourable experience of them??

kaplumba

Transfers
Yes that's what I thought although they give a TURSAB number and a company name. I might contact them nearer the time and ask for an office address and phone number. I'm tempted to try them out from Dalaman and if they don't turn up I can always hop on public transport or a taxi. They state their drivers don't exceed 88km's an hour and I like that as some of the ones we have used have scared me with excessive speeds. Any way I'm hoping someone will come on and say they have used them.

Harem

I've cliqued
Transfers
Quote [The mini bus was new and quite comfortable and we arrived at our hotel earlier than we expected.] Quote

hope this didn't mean that the driver went very fast??

kaplumba

Transfers
Quote [The mini bus was new and quite comfortable and we arrived at our hotel earlier than we expected.] Quote

hope this didn't mean that the driver went very fast??

Yes that is one of my fears Harem. I would rather pay more and take longer than sit through a terrifying drive. Any driver who gets there in 2 hours will have been speeding much of the way and with that usually goes some crazy overtaking and driving on the wrong side. Any way this company does say their drivers don't go more than 88km per hour. I suppose if they did I could ask them to slow down!

kaplumba

Transfers
Apart from shuttle buses, in recent years I haven't known any driver to take that long. The ones that drive carefully sticking to speed limits tend to take about 2 hours 15-20 mins. There is a road that bypasses Marmaris and can cut a bit of time off. Go back 15 years to when the road over the mountains was scarey, well then it could have taken the best part of 3 hours.
Well, as there will only be 2 of us on my next trip out I may give them a try and will let all the Datca girls know what it was like.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Transfers
Marmaris, how did you book and pay for your transfer. All sounds a bit suspicious to me????

kaplumba

Transfers
I suppose if it's anything like the other transfer companies we have used you book online and then pay on collection at the airport, I don't think I would be prepared to do it any other way although I paid upfront when A2B transfers were doing shuttles to Datca. However I had seen their buses at the airport and knew people who had used them. We have found that option pretty good when friends come out especially if it's just one person. They get a 9.80 pound shuttle to Marmaris and then I pick them up at the bus station. I don't mind driving to Marmaris but don't fancy going all the way to Dalaman and back.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Transfers
Who the heck is Serkan? Is he marmaris? Does he work for the company I'm asking about? If so why on earth didn't he say so?
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&ei=y9vUSvGiCc2MsAb02_DkCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA8QBSgA&q=%22dm+Transfers%22+serkan&spell=1"][/ame]

I did a search using Serkan and DM Transfers and found all this...

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&ei=y9vUSvGiCc2MsAb02_DkCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA8QBSgA&q=%22dm+Transfers%22+serkan&spell=1"]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&ei=y9vUSvGiCc2MsAb02_DkCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA8QBSgA&q=%22dm+Transfers%22+serkan&spell=1[/ame]

If 'Marmaris' IS Serkan, he has done himself no favours by pretending to be a satisfied customer.

PS, sorry I can't seem to post the link correctly but it does seem to work anyway

Last edited:

kaplumba

Transfers
I had a pm from Marmaris and I feel a bit sorry for him. As a few of us supected, he is indeed from the company and thought he would be banned if he revealed who he was. I told him that I thought it would have been ok to reply to my request on the forum as long as he did reveal who he was in his signature!! I'm just amazed that he saw my request for information. He gave me an email address of a satisfied customer in Datca and I believe that to be genuine as I know the address in Datca and where that person was likely to live in UK. Getting reasonably priced and legal transfers to Datca is always of interest to all of us there and I think I will be trying this company next year despite his mistake.
So I hope the mods do let him off and I hope he puts his business interest in his signature and introduces himself to us. Marmaris you could always contact the owner of the site and pay for a bit of advertising. There are lots of us needing good transfers.

Sniffy

Debs
Transfers
Hello Jane!!

Just back from Datca and used 2 local folk for transport- one who charges 200 ytl... and for the return a cab driver who charged 175 ytl, he is currently staying on Zeytindali 3. He was prompt, polite and drove well- offered to stop for cay and didn't smoke.

Got his details Jane if you ever want them> lets catch up soon
Sniffs :0) xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom