kaplumba

transfers
I have just received some good news. One of the Datca transfer companies who put their prices up quite dramatically last year making them more expensive than some of their Marmaris competetors has reduced for this year. They say it is due to fuel reductions and a better exchange rate and I feel this is fair, I was always commenting that these companies seem to go up but never down again when the exchange rates change. So this one has done the fair thing. I still think it would be better to charge us in lira and let us worry about the exchange rate. None of the Marmaris companies have advised me of any reductions - yet. Earlier this year we were charged 75 pounds for 2 people with Marmaris Transfers. Sehertour is back down to 85 for a mini bus and as I prefer to give my business to Datca companies I will use them again this year when we don't hire a car from either the airport or Marmaris. Of course there is always A2B transfers for 22.75 pounds per person and if I was alone I would still consider this although I know Kathleen had a problem with a return journey.
While I am on here I may wish to take public transport from Datca to Fethiye in September. I guess I will need to take a bus to Marmaris and change there, I know the bus times for that but does anyone know the times from Marmaris to Fethiye please?

transfers
I agree KP....we used Sedar a few years ago and only stopped as we hire a car now. We are using him again to transfer friends to our place in June. He is able to take them directly to the villa without drop offs or meeting elsewhere and he is cheaper than our site transfers prices. Whilst I know there are cheaper options I feel too it is good to give the business to the locals if they stay competitive

See you there soon

transfers
Hi
Has anyone used Tansferonly.com
Just booked transfer from Bodrum airport to Marmaris one way £52. for the 2 of us

kaplumba

transfers
Hi Jane, Fethiye buses run every hour.

Thanks Yildez, that makes it all fairly easy. I assume the buses go from the same bus station that the Datca- Marmaris bus drops off at. I'm taking a little trip down to call in on forum member Bibby again. She is a glutton for punishment offering to take me and my sis in law in for a couple of days!!

ALAEVE

Alan&Evelyn
transfers
Hi folks,

Could somebody forward us the contact details for Sedar and also if you dont mind a decent car hire company ?
We're arriving on 6th July for 3 weeks and have held off booking anything yet.
We might have our eldest son with us this year also our youngest and his girlfriend are in Marmaris at the same time so we'd like to show them around if they can stick us and us them!!!

We usually use Rentacar at the airport but i'm waiting on a quote back from them.

I used a co. called Resorthoppa in May and they can transfer us for about £39 return for both of us from Dalaman to Marmaris.

See you all soon in the usual watering holes.

Alan & Evelyn

kaplumba

transfers
Hi Alaeve. Over the years we have tried all kinds of ways of getting there so thought you might be interested in the following info.
The prices are ones I have been quoted this year.
marmaris-transfers.com These were charging 40 pounds per transfer car Dalaman to Marmaris and then we hire a car from them and drive the rest of the way. Was around 50 lira a day. We like this option and do it quite often. They also do transfers all the way for 75 pounds for 2 people.
We used the A2B transfer for 22.75 pounds per person all the way to Datca. It was fine for us but Kathleen had a problem with the return trip.

I am taking 3 x 20 yr old nice lads with me again this year so if yours are around the same age and want some friends - send them round!! They have a lot of Turkish friends now and all seem to have a nice time sitting on the beach at night singing and chatting.

ALAEVE

Alan&Evelyn
transfers
Hi,

Many thanks for the info, you too Arlene.

I dont think we've met you yet and i think we arrive too late for the reunion at the Mir MIr Bar :0(
Our sons are in their 20's and would enjoy meeting up with ones their own age instead of hanging around with mum &dad.
Do you have a contact car hire in Marmaris.we're shopping around looking for the best deal.

Alan & Evelyn

transfers
hi

we met you two years ago we also have apartment in Zeytindali at the front. We met in the Mir Mir but you must have been under the influence ...never....ha ha

Anyway don't have a contact in Marmaris but there is a guy in the Main street Datca who we have used before www.karneatour.com called Ozlam

Our sons are 16 and 18 and generally go off and do their own thing. I am sure we will meet again in Mir Mir as our friends and my eldest son arrive 6 July for2 wks

See ya

transfers
Hi there and just to let you know we are there from the 22nd June and have a villa near to emerald lady (Arlene) and will have our 17 yr old with us so Im sure she would enjoy the company too. We are there until the 13th so look forward to meeting up with you and everyone else in lovely Datca.Where is your place Evelyn??
Sorry just read that Arlene wrote you are at Zeytindali!!
Bye for now and roll on 22nd!!

ALAEVE

Alan&Evelyn
transfers
Hi Arlene & Ruthie,
Yes we do remember you ,we had a sing song at the Mir MIr and we were along with Doreen's daughter Sonia and Geoff , sorry i meant Kaplumba that we had'nt met.
That was a good night hope there's another one.
I got a quote back for £20 per day car hire from one co.waiting on the rest coming back,or we may wait till we get there and just hire a couple of days at a time.

transfers
let me know about that one at 20 per day as that is cheaper than we have been quoted and we will be hiring a car

thanks

trish

transfers
United Blue charge £12.50 Marmaris to Dalaman pm me if you want their telephone number. We use them all the time and they are very reliable.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom