lakegl

Transfer Tax
Hi everyone
Just got back from a last minute visit to hillside. I went to do snagging and to get my tapu but tried to make it before 15th of june as understood that transfer tax (usually 3 percent) had been reduced to just 1 percent for a few months and that this reduction expired on 15th.
My next visit had not been due before then.
I think it worked: I spent the week snagging to my (almost!) satisfaction, paid my final payment and maintenance and meter fees and then Utku arranged for me to get my tapu.
This is what I needed to do - going thro the process might help others to know what they need in the way of time and paperwork.
I needed 2 passport photos, my tax number and the transfer tax in cash.
The tax was 1 percent of the cost of the apartment plus 60 euro tapu office tax, 71 euro persuer (the man who does the paperwork?), 15 euro municipality and 35 euro translator. In total about 875 euros (in my case)
2 days notice was needed and then I went with Utku to the tapu office in Didim (behind HSBC in Attaturk Blvd if you go alone) and signed the papers. Then I got my tapu.
Now, I think I have saved some money by not having to pay the 3 percent but others may correct me! Obviously the visit cost some but it had to be done anyway so hopefully our booked visit can now be a holiday!
Other threads on this site indicate that some people one other sites have only been paying 0.5 percent tax going up to 1.5 percent when reduction ends but this seems to be because their contract states that the builder will pay half (in some cases all) of the transfer tax. I have checked mine and it says seller to pay all of the tax. Trust us to be the unusual ones!
Anyway, I know many of you cant get out there or are not ready to so hope you don't think I am rubbing it in just trying to help those of you that may still beat the deadline which actually seems to be 30th June and not 15th as Utku told me before I went.
Incidentally, it is possible to get you solicitor to use your PoA to get your tapu for you so it may not be too late if you have snagged, paid and can do it that way.
Hope I haven't got anything wrong or misleading here but please correct me if you know different.
Glenda and Keith
PS will update re site on main thread

Transfer Tax
Hi Lakegl

Same here, we paid about 1,500 Lira as it is in both our names - i think that costs more if it is in both names (correct me if i am wrong and i will contact Utku for a refund). It was pretty painless except for the long wait in the tapu office - but then the computers crashed. We were the same in our contract we to pay all the tax and got 1% by doing before the 15 June, any saving was a bonus really. It can be done by Pof A so you dont have to be there. identification stuff as Lakegl said - although we forgot our tax number but the tax office gave it us without charge - very friendly and a separate desk all signposted on english so was very easy to sort out - you will need your passport thought if you do need to go to the tax office, if you forget your tax number. Hope everyone is okay, see you soon.

yvette & steve
x

lakegl

Transfer Tax
Hi everyone
We've asked Yvette and Steve by PM to have a chat about this as it doesn't seem right to me.
I know we have 2 apartments but I had shown the calculations for just one to keep it simple.
Can we get back to you all so we are sure we are giving the right info - unless anyone knows better exactly what is going on!
Glenda and Keith

Latest Posts

Top Bottom