chinwag

Transfer or drive?
We are due out to Yali next week. Tired of dragging our sweaty kids in & out of a dolmus and paying excessive taxi fares at night (and sometimes during the day), I have decided to hire a car. Only thing I am not sure if I should drive from Bodrum Airport or have the car delivered to our villa? Any thoughts/experiences/advice or words of caution would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Transfer or drive?
I drive every time, with no probs, if you want a drink on your flight get a transfer,

your choice

martin

Bebelka

Transfer or drive?
Hire a car, but ask to be driven to your destination from the airport when you arrive, they will drop you off and then they will bring the car back the next morning.
Valley give this service as part of the hire price, I am sure other companies will do it as well.
After all this is Turkey; I think its great, always use it if I go out on my own as not to happy to be driving around in the night or arriving at the villa late at night with out the old man. I know they even will pick up and drive back to the airport if you are a nervous
driver, and only want the car to potter around Yali. That is what I call service, although I don't use this option.

tjd

Transfer or drive?
Since you seem to know where you're going, driving yourself is an easy option. The main road from the airport is fine, as is the road out to Yali.

Transfer or drive?
Hi, I have always used AKUSTIK TRAVEL,highly recommended, Tolga and Ozlem 009(0)2523138964 or info@travelbodrum.com.They will deliver and collect from Bodrum Airport.I usually arrive in the middle of the night and drive on to the Bodrum road and then turn right at the Torba junction and drive "cautiously" on the country road into Yalikavak.TLF member RINGSPANNER may be along to tell you to use the main dual-carraige way and approach Yalikavak from the Ortakent junction.......yes,the country road has to be taken carefully at night........enjoy Yalikavak.......Serefe!!

PASH

Transfer or drive?
Hi, I use Valley and they pick me up at the airport, take me to their office, no matter what time of the day or night, sign papers then the car is mine for the duration, on the last day, they drive me back to the airport, so never driven the airport route myself in 6 years

chinwag

Transfer or drive?
Thanks for replies!

I did think about being driven from the airport, but thought this would be regarded as transfer, hence incurring the full transfer rate as opposed to the car hire rate! Wonder if I should wait til I arrive to gauge how nervous I am to drive.....decisions???

I had read all the positive posts about Valley Car Rental. I emailed them a little over a week ago and they responded by saying they were fully booked for the next two months...THEY MUST BE GOOD!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom