Transfer of utilities
Hi

Does anyone know how to transfer electricity and water services into your own name and how much this costs? We've heard of silly prices being quoted by management companies who will do it for you but believe it is much cheaper to do it yourself; we just don't know how and what information we need to provide. We're in the Bodrum area.

dalyansteve

Transfer of utilities
I have found the question of registering water and electric to be a bit "how long is a piece of string" scenario. It is also a complete pain in the bum to do and I would recomend you get an agent to do it for you irrespective of the cost or at a last resort leave them in whoevers name it is in and just pay the bills automatically from the bank. Unless it is a new build and is still in the builders name, in which case he should go with you to do this, you just pay the expenses. Don't forget some of what you pay is a returnable deposit if and when you sell on again.

butt007

Warren
Transfer of utilities
Hi Kingstonian, we are just in the process of completing our complex change over from builders to domestic electric.
We have our own managment commitee( I am chairman) and a neigbour in the next block is administrator (so she does all the work he,he,) anyway she went to the Tedas (Electric Co. Head Office) to start things moving, each owner had to pay 1500liras for the change of leccy & water, but she said we would get some.... back around 150lira.
It has taken around two weeks to do as owners meters and block main meters had to be changed, anybody who did'nt pay have had their meters sealed by the Tedas, but this was after three months of warnings of what was to happen, and we were told it will cost more to have it done individually. So people that have'nt bothered will have a big problem when they come out for 2 weeks or so!
You have to provide copies of passport, and Tapu for them, our administrator was given POA and she dealt with it all.
Warren

Transfer of utilities
Thanks to Warren, Dalyansteve and Carol for your information. As Dalyansteve implies there are obviously different ways and prices to achieve this. May well have to go the management company route but at least we'll know why now. Thanks for your time.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom