Chezbond

Transfer of title deeds
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the cost of transferring land Tapus from one person to the other. My Turkish lawyer holds some of my land Tapus in his name. I have a back to back contract with him. I am now in the process of getting the land transferred to my name. My lawyer is stating that for each parcel, there are a total of 10, I have to pay 1000 TL to the local Belidiye...and 150 to the Kadostral department. However, he was unclear regarding why I have to pay 1000 for each parcel to the Belidiye...Can anyone shed any light on this?

The email I got was this:

"For each deed you need to pay 150.00TL to the cadastral department and 1.000,00TL to the municipality(town hall). "

Last edited:

Sara-666

Transfer of title deeds
Surely you should only have to pay the tax equivalent to the value stated on the tapu of each parcel of land when you transfer them? Each time you transfer the tapu to another name it is classed as a sale so you would have to pay the 3% tax as I doubt if your solicitor will pay his half as he has done you a favour by keeping them in his name for you.

Sara

Chezbond

Transfer of title deeds
Hi Sara,

Yes I agree...I cannot at the moment find anything online that mentions payment of this sort to the local Belidiye...I'm beginning to wonder, yet again!

Martyn

Transfer of title deeds
Re: Transfer of land Tapus

Are you sure he doesn't mean 150 per deed and 1000 once to the Belediye?

Chezbond

Transfer of title deeds

Martyn,

No, the email clearly states a total sum of 11500 TL...

Martyn

Transfer of title deeds

Ah ok, just a thought. Sorry I can't help.

Chezbond

Transfer of title deeds

No Problem Martyn, thanks anyway!

i am doing my research at the moment, but unfortunately I am not on the ground in Fethiye, which of course makes it all the more difficult to get at the answers.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Transfer of title deeds

However, he was unclear regarding why I have to pay 1000 for each parcel to the Belidiye... "

Until he gives you a clear account of what the costs are for I wouldn't let him have a single lira.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom